Ram Problem... 0.o

Associate
mkay, bought a computer at end of december from (are we allowed to mention companys?)... its an athlon 4000+ with geforce 6800, but the problem is with the ram. i ordered 1024 Mb of ram with the computer, and for the first few times i used it, on the post screen and in windows it reported as 1024, but kinda weirdly it started posting with 960 megs and in windows aswell...

also, if it posted with 960, sometimes, like 1/10 times, i play css or something and the computer crashes, then posts with 1024 until the next time i turn my comp off and back on...

any ideas? thanks

Caporegime
deko said:
mkay, bought a computer at end of december from (are we allowed to mention companys?)... its an athlon 4000+ with geforce 6800, but the problem is with the ram. i ordered 1024 Mb of ram with the computer, and for the first few times i used it, on the post screen and in windows it reported as 1024, but kinda weirdly it started posting with 960 megs and in windows aswell...

also, if it posted with 960, sometimes, like 1/10 times, i play css or something and the computer crashes, then posts with 1024 until the next time i turn my comp off and back on...

any ideas? thanks

Try memtest 86+ on it, see if it errors, sounds like it needs returning :(

Associate
OP
was farting about in the bios and turned off vga shared memory thing... now posts with 1024 all the time.. what i cant understand is how it used to sometimes load with 960 and other with 1024... weird things.

Back
Top Bottom