• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1800XT owners MUST READ INSIDE!!!

Associate
I started off clocking my 1800xt from 625/750 to the max of 655/770
this was at standard volts. It was pretty poor so I got one of these to cool the card last week:

Arctic Cooling Accelero GPU Coolers X2

now im pushing 720/860 on 1.425 volts! and im sure i could get more.

Plus its silent at 100% fan speed. 70c when on load!

If you have a 1800xt GET ONE OF THESE NOW!!!!

Best £20 ive spent in a long long time

hitting 10500 in 3dmark2005

Last edited:
Soldato
PucK said:
I started off clocking my 1800xt from 625/750 to the max of 655/770
this was at standard volts. It was pretty poor so I got one of these to cool the card last week:

Arctic Cooling Accelero GPU Coolers X2

now im pushing 720/860 on 1.425 volts! and im sure i could get more.

Plus its silent at 100% fan speed. 70c when on load!

If you have a 1800xt GET ONE OF THESE NOW!!!!

Best £20 ive spent in a long long time

hitting 10500 in 3dmark2003

Apparently you can push the core to 1.5V with a decent cooler, not sure how far to push ram volt wise, im buying a vf900 soon.

Soldato
Meh, not to **** in your chips but my X1800XT is running at 690/800 (the max for Overdrive until I sort ATi Tool) 24/7 with stock cooling. I'm going to get a Zalman VF900-CU and kick it up a notch.

No swearing.

Otacon

Associate
OP
:) yea sorry 05:)

i dont know about the 900, but this one is superb.

Has any one tried upping the memory volts because ive not touched that yet?

Cheers
Puck

Soldato
Havent a clue, but I'd personnaly be a bit scared to take it over 1.5 regardless whether its water or air, with 1.5V you can get your core well past 700 which is good enough for me.

I wonder how much ram can take?

Soldato
Ok tell us how you get on, you do realise though 800 on the core is a massive overclock if you achieve this then welldone, how are you scanning for artifacts? Using ATI Tool? I'd suggest you do as this will detect anything well before any game and run it at higher temps than anything else, so it will keep your card safe.

Soldato
well i bought these items :-

Antec NeoHE 550W Modular ATX2.0 PSU (CA-046-AN)
Asus K8N4-E Deluxe nForce4 4X (Socket 754) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-113-AS)
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-121-SP)

and i've had problems with getting it running . had a complete system reinstall with a hard-drive wipe and the card is failing every test i send at it.

3d 2006 - screen goes black and does nothin just before it starts the 2nd test
x2 the threat - 1200 x 1024 runs with basic settings but freezes a few minutes into the tech demo if you crank the detail up, have to restart pc.

and when i use overdrive to select highest recommend settings it just hangs after 10 seconds of trying.... pc has to be reset.

i'm hoping its "just" a faulty card i dont want to have to start changing stuff. this upgrade has cost me enough as it is :(

got an rma number so about to send it back . fingers crossed its just that simple

Associate
Vegeta said:
Ok tell us how you get on, you do realise though 800 on the core is a massive overclock if you achieve this then welldone, how are you scanning for artifacts? Using ATI Tool? I'd suggest you do as this will detect anything well before any game and run it at higher temps than anything else, so it will keep your card safe.

Yer I no its high but I think im going to have to get it some were near there if I want to make 11k. I aint pushed the memory yet so there might be a hunderd left there.

As for ATI tools ive never used it with my 1800 as it was artifacting at 630 MHz which is bulls***. I might give it another go, ive got a few threads saved on how to get it working but Ive not had any problems with running 3D05 so far. However once I get the core to 750+ I maybe should be more clearfull.

Temps are fine, altho getting hot for water. AT 700/800 they are 40C. Once I get the core up to 750 they are more like 50C

Associate
A random name said:
I can run 750/920 on the stock cooler scoring over 11000 in 3dmark 05.

The stock cooler is honestly better than any aftermarket cooler.

As I remember tho that was not stable, Didnt you get artifacts off the memory?

Soldato
A random name said:
I can run 750/920 on the stock cooler scoring over 11000 in 3dmark 05.

The stock cooler is honestly better than any aftermarket cooler.
Tis not as good as the VF900 tbh.... Only advantage the stock one has is that it pumps the air out of the case. I wont overclock my card cos I know that the fan will ramp up to an unacceptable (imo) noise. If I had a full case I would defo get the VF900 and overclock it, however with my shuttle the hot air is better out then in :}

Soldato
the stock cooler is fine upto a point, what it does it go faster and faster to cool it down once the temps go high, so you can overclock high but the nosie is unbarrable you'll have it running at 100% with a high voltmod/overclock, with the vf900 you can have it cooler with no noise.

Soldato
TALON1973 said:
well i bought these items :-

Antec NeoHE 550W Modular ATX2.0 PSU (CA-046-AN)
Asus K8N4-E Deluxe nForce4 4X (Socket 754) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-113-AS)
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-121-SP)

and i've had problems with getting it running . had a complete system reinstall with a hard-drive wipe and the card is failing every test i send at it.

3d 2006 - screen goes black and does nothin just before it starts the 2nd test
x2 the threat - 1200 x 1024 runs with basic settings but freezes a few minutes into the tech demo if you crank the detail up, have to restart pc.

and when i use overdrive to select highest recommend settings it just hangs after 10 seconds of trying.... pc has to be reset.

i'm hoping its "just" a faulty card i dont want to have to start changing stuff. this upgrade has cost me enough as it is :(

got an rma number so about to send it back . fingers crossed its just that simple

I've read that their can be problems using the Asus Nforce4 board with ATI cards.. its what put me off buyin that mobo... hope it is just a dodgy card.

Soldato
2StepSteve said:
I've read that their can be problems using the Asus Nforce4 board with ATI cards.. its what put me off buyin that mobo... hope it is just a dodgy card.

well i also was told that the new power supply i bought for the card was pants for running that card.... not enough juice on the 12 v rail or something like that.

now i got that bit of info from ocuk tech support this morning on the phone ........if that is true then any psu products they sell should have information on the description that tells customers that its no good for certain types of graphics card. will see what happens with the rma first before i start blowing my top.

regarding the mobo situation......yeah i read that on here as well.....AFTER i'd bought it. but i hope thats incorect as well :(

would be handy if the descriptions pointed out that certain things are not a suitable combo. and yes i know you cant point out everything, but a psu not being powerfull enough for certain types of cards would be a sensible option along with mobo problems with cards

i'd assume a 550 w psu from a well known make for £82 from ocuk would handle 1 graphics card. common whats the highest psu atm ???? 650 watts ( ive not looked btw )

Back
Top Bottom