Arsenal Ponder legal action

Soldato
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4969198.stm

absoulutely ridiculous. how can he say that. if they hadnt been in the champs league final he wouldnt have cared.

Does this mean England/Man Utd can sue FERREIRA for Rooneys injury.

It was a bad challenge but surely thats a danger of playing a professional contact sport. There was no intent by Smith so what makes it different from any other injury causing tackle.

Last edited:
Soldato
Clerkin said:
Does this mean England/Man Utd can sue Carvalho for Rooneys injury.

Why? Did he laserbeam Rooneys foot with his eyes? ;)

I saw this on the BBC too, did seem a bit silly to me. Hope it's not going to start a new trend.

Don
Clerkin said:
Does this mean England/Man Utd can sue Carvalho for Rooneys injury.
No because it was Ferreira firstly and there was not doubt that, that incident was accidental, where as the tackle on Diaby (from what i have been told, haven't seen it myself) was intentional.
Any clips of the tackle going around?

Soldato
I wouldn't say they could sue Carvalho because it was Paulo Ferreira that challenged him wasn't it?

Plus that challenge was one in which he won the ball fairly. From what I've heard, the challenge on Diaby was absolutely appalling. I remember saying to friends years ago that players that deliberately injure opponents should be banned for as long as that player is injured.

Doubt it would happen though but more should be done to take action against players that lunge into challenges with no attempt to play the ball...

Soldato
DAN SMITH - HITMAN FOR HIRE?

The seen was set. Arsenal had made history by qualifying for the European Champions League Final. It was suppose to be a moment to savour in their last ever season at the most famous of stadium - Highbury. The entire club - staff, players, the manager, coaches and fans were all looking forward to this historic moment. But with just minutes remaining one of the last Remaining league games before the big game DISASTER struck.

The Arsenal were playing away from home against already relegated Sunderland and were cruising to a facile victory thanks to the magnificence of star striker Theirry Henry but with minutes remaining new £5million signing from Auxerre Abou Diaby was left pole-axed on the ground under a horror challenge from Sunderland substitute Dan Smith.

At the time, the tackled looked bad and with Diaby writhing in agony on the ground, Arsenal players rounded on the referee and Dan Smith demanding justice. The player only received a yellow card but according to sources in Spain even a red card would not of troubled the player.

Arsenal's opponents in the final of the Champions League is non other than the historic institution that is FC Barcelona. The Pride of the Catalan nation. A team packed full of world stars like Brazilian Ronaldinho and African Player of the Year Samuel Eto'o and are led by the Dutch hardman Frank Rijkaard.

It was supposed to be a great finale to the season. Two great sporting intuitions head to head But according to source within Barcelona it would seem that this wasn't to be the fairest of finals.

It is alleged that Barcelona were so desperate to guarantee victory that they decided to give themselves an extra edge and make sure that Arsenal had trouble fielding a strong team for the final.

Worried by the way the English side had out battled bitter rivals Real Madrid and runaway Italian Italian league winners Juventus they set out on a desperate mission to GET Arsenal.

It is believed that on that a few days before the Sunderland match -Barcelona Club Secretary

XAVIER CHAMBRA - flew to Liverpool in England to meet with 4 players from Sunderland in a hotel.

It was there that payment was made for an extraordinary act - GET HENRY AND MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T MAKE THE FINAL.

If Henry was unavailable then target other players.

It is believed the players received three payments - ONE as a 'sweetener' to let them know Barcelona were serious, two

In the hotel as acceptance of the dirty deed and the third upon completion.
It is believed than Dan SMITH was one of the four players.

All of the information we have received - including tape recordings and video evidence - have been passed on to the correct authorities and tonight a spokeswoman from the Arsenal was refusing to comment on the matter but admitted their disappointment.

I think the legal action is more likely aimmed at covering his wages whilst injured, talk of him being out from 4-9 months

Permabanned
te he
Wengers been had a quiet season by his own standards,but he's come back into his own the last couple of weeks.Nice that he actually sees stuff happening on the field now ;)

Soldato
Royality said:
Haha, sounds like some cocky Arsenal fan wrote that conspiracy to make everyone think Barca were scared of them.

Of someone trying to be funny ;)

Mr Weebull you need to email me soon or soon after Monday if you still want a program from the Wigan game. Email in Trust :) :p

That also goes for a few other Arsenal fans on here, If I like you :p

Clerkin said:
Does this mean England/Man Utd can sue FERREIRA for Rooneys injury.

I think the difference is that they are suggesting Smiths tackle wasn't an accident, he mean't to injury the player. Rooney's was accidental.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you think Wenger might be bluffing here in order to get the FA to do something about it? Very rarely should you take Wengers interviews at face value.

It is ridiculous that you can get booked for taking your shirt off, and face the same punishment for breaking someones ankle.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
Do you think Wenger might be bluffing here in order to get the FA to do something about it? Very rarely should you take Wengers interviews at face value.

It is ridiculous that you can get booked for taking your shirt off, and face the same punishment for breaking someones ankle.

That is a stupid rule.

Back
Top Bottom