Using 2 networks for different jobs.

Permabanned
Right lets say I have to internet connections.

One is wireless and the other one is wired.

I want to use the wired one for online gaming and browsing etc.

but I wanna use the wireless one for downloading files, music etc.

Is this possible? If so how?

Soldato
well downloading files/music and online gaming all require the internet connection, i presume your wanting to put the bulk of your downloading via the wired while wireless is kept for gaming and less strenuous tasks

Permabanned
OP
lol no not quite.

I live in a shared house, one housemate got his own internet connection which is a 2mb connection.

I got my own which is also 2mb, I have ran a cable down to him as he doesnt use net much so he uses mine.

We want to use his for downloading on. He has a wireless router (secured) so how can I use this one for downloading and the other for browsing/gaming.

Soldato
you cant afaik, it would require a program or some sort of software to differentiate the difference between gaming/browsing packets/music/files
its possible to bridge the connections but that would mean it wouldnt send a music file one way, it would choose whichever connection is available.

Caporegime
sja360 said:
its possible to bridge the connections but that would mean it wouldnt send a music file one way, it would choose whichever connection is available.

Bridging them wouldn't even do that.

Back
Top Bottom