Total Annihilation fans unite!! new Supreme Commander news and screens are here.

Permabanned
CLICK ME for the screenshots (a lot of new ones, but some older ones too)

CLICK ME for the gamespot E3 content preview.

ive played ta at least once a week since 1997 when i bought it 2 weeks after its release, i was a core boneyards member who`s rank was commander and I loved the online system. a lot of the principles for TA have been held in supreme commander, for example, the way resources work, the ideology of a central commanding unit and many other things, so most of us TA fans are looking upon this game as the ""spiritual" sequal to total annihilation :) i cant wait.

release date 1st quarter 2007.

Last edited:
Associate
i really cant begin to explain how much i want to play this.. it looks stunning and i utterly loved TA, however i suspect it will slip back probably to 2008 which is a real shame (looks like i am becoming very scepticle of initial release dates these days lol)

Permabanned
OP
cm_clarke said:
i really cant begin to explain how much i want to play this.. it looks stunning and i utterly loved TA, however i suspect it will slip back probably to 2008 which is a real shame (looks like i am becoming very scepticle of initial release dates these days lol)

im on the Gas Powered Games forums, weve got january 2007 confirmed. we knew it would either be august 06 or if they needed more time, january 2007. we have chris taylors word that january 2007 is more than enough time for them to complete and tweak the game.

Associate
locutus12 said:
im on the Gas Powered Games forums, weve got january 2007 confirmed. we knew it would either be august 06 or if they needed more time, january 2007. we have chris taylors word that january 2007 is more than enough time for them to complete and tweak the game.

hope your right i would love to see it that soon i just have the usual doubts :)

Permabanned
OP
MossyUK said:
I dont buy many games, but this one will be pre-ordered. TA was the pinacle of RTS gameplay, and is just behind HL1 imo as the best game of all time.

how true :)

cm_clarke said:
hope your right i would love to see it that soon i just have the usual doubts :)

lol, come on now, this is chris taylor here... not EA games or some shoddy company, chris taylor!!

Associate
the game just looks and sounds better and better every time :D
i really cannot wait for this, although im thinking a pc upgrade might be in order!

Permabanned
OP
Firegod said:
When's C&C 3 out as well? :D

I think these two games will defo be on pre-order. :cool: Looks awesome!

i didnt think they were making one, even if they do though, its not gonna have a scratch on supcom simply because the initial westwood magic has long since been sold out and devoured by EA GAMES.

where as Supreme Commanders being made by the man who made Total annihilation and founded Cavedog. the only difference this time around is the massive ammount of technology he can now use to build this :)

Soldato
locutus12 said:
i didnt think they were making one, even if they do though, its not gonna have a scratch on supcom simply because the initial westwood magic has long since been sold out and devoured by EA GAMES.

where as Supreme Commanders being made by the man who made Total annihilation and founded Cavedog. the only difference this time around is the massive ammount of technology he can now use to build this :)

Oohh they are defo making a C&C3, there was a big like five page spread in a PC mag with screenshots and good old NOD vs GDI again. ;) Looks good, but I also thought they had some people from Westwood working on it again? Well anyways, both games have the promise to be amazing! I think I'm looking more forward to this one though. :cool:

Associate
Some of those screenshots especially the second one (Zomg its a death ray!), they made me moist. Finally an RTS that shouldnt feel like its been through the generic RTS maker 2000 standards.

Soldato
sigh_at_u___.gif

Back
Top Bottom