Matrix revolutions (spoilers) ???????

Soldato
Matrix revolutions (spoilers) ???????

I don’t get it…….. is it me ? or are there so many un answered questions? What happened to the French guy? Is Zion another matrix? Why is there a cease fire with the machines? And for how long? What happened to Neo? Will they make any more? :( :confused: :( :confused:

Caporegime
Psycho Ned said:
Hopefully not! Not if they are as crap as those 2 sequels were.

Reloaded & Revolutions killed my love of the first one with their pretentious plots and underground raves :p

I don't understand all the furore over the underground rave. It lasts all of about 4 minutes.

Associate
vonhelmet said:
I don't understand all the furore over the underground rave. It lasts all of about 4 minutes.

me neither.
i think all three films where fantastic and thoroughly enjoyable.
If you actually pay attention and think about whats going on and not just turn off when they stop fighting its all good!

Man of Honour
I think the biggest unanswered questions were:

a) How did Mr. Smith come back?
b) How the hell did Neo get to the 'train station'?

Other than that... much better sequals than what people make out, comparing to other science fiction / action films.

Associate
Hopefully they won't make anymore (even though they've left it open for Neo to come back).

Remember going to the cinema to watch Revolutions, when it finished never heard so many people say "what a waste of time that was".

Soldato
Nope.. But imo Matrix 1 was the best film ever made.. then they go and half-ass the sequel with poor computer graphics.. and I don't just mean bad graphics.. The CG when Neo is fighting all the Smith's is truely shocking...

I thought Revolutions partially made up for the pure shocking sequel that was Reloaded, but I still think neither had anything on the original. Which is dissapointing.. Truely :(.

Associate
naffa said:
Nope.. But imo Matrix 1 was the best film ever made.. then they go and half-ass the sequel with poor computer graphics.. and I don't just mean bad graphics.. The CG when Neo is fighting all the Smith's is truely shocking...

I thought Revolutions partially made up for the pure shocking sequel that was Reloaded, but I still think neither had anything on the original. Which is dissapointing.. Truely :(.

the poor cg is on the bit just after neo fights the 3 upgraded agents near the start of the film, where he files to go find the oracle, with the swirling clouds and stuff, that is poor, the smith fight is pretty good

i actually like the second film, imo it was no better or worse than revolutions, both however, dont have the excitment/mistique the first film has.

Associate
i was amazed how different 2 and 3 were to the first. I thought the first was a fantastic film, it seemed much darker and just seemed better in all aspects. I think what destroyed the other 2 for me was the shoddy effects they chucked in at every moment they could.

im afraid i cant answer your questions as ive forgotten most of the third film, i think its on tonight though. As far as i remember, neo and the matrix make a truce. If he kills smith (becuase smith was becoming too powerfull for the machines to handle) then the machines will leave Zion alone.

Last edited:
Soldato
should have been left at the matrix.

nothing else was needed.

was an amazing, mind ticking movie. then they tried to ask more questions and answer them in the last 2 of the trio.

totally borked it up.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
This was originally part of my post for the 'confusing films' thread but it turned into something more suitable for here.

I've watched the Matrix trilogy over the last few nights on ITV and my opinion of it has hit rock bottom. I used to like the movies, I own them all on DVD, but I've come to realise it is possibly the worst Trilogy ever (yes I include the first one). For the most part it's an exercise in special effects, stylised scenery and fancy costumes, the script careers between confusing and contrived and the majority of the dialogue is vacuous hyperbole.

The Wachowski brothers were onto a good thing with the first one but cast Reeves, who's built a career of ruining good movies, as the main character. The secondary characters are really rubbish and it's down to Hugo Weaving to bring the charisma. Unfortunately, by 'Revolutions', Smith is a parody if himself and only adds to the train wreck of mangled philosophy and loose ends, barely held together by some nice eye candy and a couple of good set pieces, that make up the last film.

When you look at the trilogy in its entirety, it makes no sense whatsoever. It flirts with some plotlines then completely discards them for really weird alternatives then throws in a couple of cheesy 'buddy' bits and some shooting with a kick-ass soundtrack. Maybe I just don't get it, but I've watched them all a few times, and most recently after around a year’s gap, but it just doesn't click. They should've kept it as a shootin' and chasin' and fightin' romp, like the first one, but it all became a bit pointless by the end.

Back
Top Bottom