Opera Mini 2.0 Released

Caporegime
Ive had the pda version, it was poor, worse than ie. I couldnt switch loading pictures off, couldnt change page layouts couldnt enable the touchscreen keyboard while it was in full screen mode making full mode useless, and there wasnt an option to hide the address bar either and to top it all you have to pay for the full version when you can get the superior firefox mobile for free.

So it certainly wasnt better than the standard browser on my pda phone.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
It's great on my w800i so I'll be getting it, thanks for the heads up :)
although I am trying to cut back on my online time on the phone :o

Associate
Energize said:
Ive had the pda version, it was poor, worse than ie. I couldnt switch loading pictures off, couldnt change page layouts couldnt enable the touchscreen keyboard while it was in full screen mode making full mode useless, and there wasnt an option to hide the address bar either and to top it all you have to pay for the full version when you can get the superior firefox mobile for free.

So it certainly wasnt better than the standard browser on my pda phone.

what pda phone are you on about? for PPC the Opera browser is currently in beta 0.2 and is the best PPC browser out there, way better then pie with options for true vga browsing and options to scale the webpage to the screen area. True you cannot turn of the address bar but who wants to? and they keyboard can be brought up by simply binding a button on the pda to input pannel and pressing it when you require it (but tbh if you select a full screen option ofcourse it will remove the bottom sip panel where the keyboard icon is present its not breaking any guidelines or m$ certs since it is in true fullscreen).
For PPC there is no firefox mobile to my knowledge only a side project called minmo that is also in 0.3 beta and looks interesting but lacks polish and usability of a full product

Caporegime
I much prefer ie. Opera just takes too long to load because you cant turn of pictures and it costs loads more money because of the bandwidth the pictures use.

Associate
Energize said:
I much prefer ie. Opera just takes too long to load because you cant turn of pictures and it costs loads more money because of the bandwidth the pictures use.

Still opera is in beta and is not feature complete for the PPC, also have you got anymore information about firefox mobile?

Back
Top Bottom