For all your bathroom/deocorators/plumbers . . . . .

Associate
Hi Guys

Sorry to be a pain, but am looking for some help here, as am really lost

I have a small flat which I would like to rent out. Its a very, very basic flat, and the rental income wont be that much. However, the bathroom is in a pretty bad state, as nothing has been done to it for years, and years.

I have been ringing around trying to get quotes for a new bathroom, and have got wildly varying prices. This is what I want :

Remove old bath/sink/toilet
Remove old tiles on wall

Install new bath/sink/toilet
New tiles on walls.
New shower unit plumbed in
Line put down

I dont want anything too fancy at all, just the bare basics, so that it is okay to rent out.

I have had quotes from £3000, down to £1700, inclusive of all parts and labour.

What would you say is a reasonable price, bear in mind the flat is located in SE-london/border of kent.

Anyone got any recommendations for any good bathroom fitters ?

Thanks

Mehul

Associate
Sounds expensive to me.

I recently had my bathroom updated new tiles/suit/labour/towel rad - just under £2k, its a small bathroom but done to a reasonably high spec. The tiles alone cost over £500 from floor to ceiling excluding labour.

I would think if you want something just to rent out then £1k should be more than enough - try doing some of the work yourself like removing tiles etc.

Soldato
I use to do bathrooms all the time with me old man price wise i aint to sure, but tbh there isnt really any hardwork involved in that at all!

The one thing i can comment on is the tiling, its normally around £20sq/m for walls and £25sq/m for floors. Thats what i charger any way and nearly every other tiler i know ;)

Back
Top Bottom