PSU with 120mm fan in Lian Li V1000?

Associate
Has anyone put such a PSU into the Lian Li V1000 case. Did you have to modify the case to do this?
I want get a very quiet modular PSU and the only one that I found with a front/rear intake/exhaust is the Antec NeoHE. All the others have a 120mm top intake fan. If I mount that in the case with the fan pointing upwards, the fan will be obstracted by the horizontal partition. If it's mounted upside down then i think it will be sucking in too much dust from the floor. What I considered doing was to cut a 120mm hole in the horizontal partition so that the fan can suck in air from above the partition.
Any other ideas on this issue?

Associate
you mount it in the case with the fan pointing downwards - that way it can suck in air through the mesh base (well thats how my hiper goes anyway) havent had any problems with dust, but you could fit a filter over the fan if it causes you problems.

The whole idea behind the v100 is to keep the 2 chambers seperate so the heat from the HD's and PSU dont raise system temps so cutting a big hole would vent all your hot air up into the upper chamber.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Does the mesh on the underside of the case allow enough air through? Does it not suck in all the dust? My case is standing on the floor not the desk.

Back
Top Bottom