Z-5500

Soldato
I just got this system and was just wondering if the front grill could be taken off the subwoofer because I think it looks ugly with it on. Are there any cons in taking it off?

Also, are there any recommended settings for the speakers in the Audigy 2 settings consoles etc?

Associate
Danger Phoenix said:
Also, the message on the display is a little boring... is there any way of making it show something else other than the Input and Effect?

With the control pod in its standby state, you can hold the first 2 black buttons for a few seconds to enale diagnostic mode. It will then tell you the audio input as it changes.

Associate
Danger Phoenix said:
Also, I have currently connected my system to my Audigy 2 card using the supplied 3 x 3.5mm plug cables... how do I utilise the digital output of my card too, so I can use digital for DVDs and easily change between the two inputs?

Use an ordinary mini jack to phono lead. mini jack into soundcard, and then left(black) into coax port on the control pod. Then disable the software decoding in the audigy control panel. then in dvd software set it to go out to spdif. Id leave the spdif frequency on 48k unless you have a really good lead that allows 96k otherwise the control pod wont be able to decode the signal properly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom