Question about mobile phone privacy?

Caporegime
Something ive been wondering about after some incidents at school. Are teachers legally allowed to look at stuff on your mobile without your permission after they confiscated it? Its never been a problem for me because I have a password but some people dont even have a pin.

Associate
I doubt they'd be allowed to snoop.
Teachers at my school only take the battery though, I think it's in case they get accused of snooping, not sure though.

Soldato
iirc, the data counts as personal unless you've sent it somewhere (to someone)
but I'd have strong things to say to the headmaster if any of the teachers WHERE snooping.

Associate
were.

In my school, there was some thing u had to sign at start afaik it covered everything like they could expell you for anything, u had to take drug tests if asked and all kinds of crazy stuff

however, they usually took the phone but you kept batt afaik.

Caporegime
OP
Another thing, can they stop you from drinking water in the lessons (apart from in the science labs/computer rooms)?

Seriously sometimes its 25oc and the teachers say its cold :rolleyes:

Soldato
Energize said:
Another thing, can they stop you from drinking water in the lessons (apart from in the science labs/computer rooms)?

Seriously sometimes its 25oc and the teachers say its cold :rolleyes:

you can drink in science and computer rooms, only water not sugary drinks.

Associate
Oh WHAAAAAAAAATTTT.

I saw this thread, read it, and decided to put a pin on my phone. Went to Security Settings, entered in a PIN, and now it just says SIM BLOCKED. :(!!

Now it says Enter PUK code.

Yeah, great, thanks you idiotphone.

Soldato
Mr Spew said:
Oh WHAAAAAAAAATTTT.

I saw this thread, read it, and decided to put a pin on my phone. Went to Security Settings, entered in a PIN, and now it just says SIM BLOCKED. :(!!

Now it says Enter PUK code.

Yeah, great, thanks you idiotphone.

you know your PUK code?

Permabanned
VeNT said:
but I'd have strong things to say to the headmaster if any of the teachers WHERE snooping.

Yes...Like what where (sic) the teachers doing snooping around phones when they could be teaching you how to spell ;)

*n

Soldato
penski said:
Yes...Like what where (sic) the teachers doing snooping around phones when they could be teaching you how to spell ;)

*n
yeah, thing is, I'm dyslexic and therfore have issues with knowing if its where were or whatever etc.
we've gone over this before, I thought everyone knew that I didn't infact give a **** about my spelling anymore. as long as you know what I'm going on about I don't see the issue.

Soldato
I've no idea what the law is, and I couldn't really care less, because you can solve the problem entirely by not having your phone when you're not supposed to have it. As far as I'm concerned they should be allowed to do whatever they like with it if you're breaking the rules. As for "not allowed water in lessons", behave like someone with a jot of common sense and have a drink between lessons, it's not rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom