360 return to Gameplay?

Soldato
Has anyone returned a 360 to Gameplay? It would appear mine has just died on me and as I bought it online from Gameplay I can't just walk into a shop and get it swapped.

What's going to be quickest? Going via Gameplay or MS? I assume with Gameplay I'll have to go through basically the same procedure as with MS?

Soldato
OP
Just got off the phone to MS, I have to call back tomorrow because their systems are down! You have to laugh, really...

Mine seems to be overheating, if I leave it off for a while it's OK but play a game for 5 or 10 mins and it starts locking up again and failing to boot.

Soldato
Yep I'd agree with AndersOn.

I feel for you wrydo - I'm starting to get worried about my 360 now, any little sound is going to get me panicking!

Soldato
OP
NokkonWud said:
purchase a memory card tomorrow and transfer your saves accross.

They're not getting my HD as I bought it as a core so I'll tell them I don't have one I guess. Might be able to borrow a card from someone at work, I'd rather not buy one.

Man of Honour
Anders0n said:
I'd say just do it through microsoft as gameplay are just likely to suggest them anyway.

It doesn't matter if they suggest it, Gameplay are legally obligated to replace/repair the faulty Xbox 360 themselves. They cannot fob you off to Microsoft, you have statutory rights which prevent that.

Wyrdo, get onto Gameplay and explain the situation. If they try to push you towards Microsoft, explain that under the Sale of Goods Act they have to deal with your problem, they can't push you elsewhere. It'll likely be quicker than going through MS as Gameplay will probably give you a replacement right away, whereas MS may try to fix it.

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
It doesn't matter if they suggest it, Gameplay are legally obligated to replace/repair the faulty Xbox 360 themselves. They cannot fob you off to Microsoft, you have statutory rights which prevent that.

Wyrdo, get onto Gameplay and explain the situation. If they try to push you towards Microsoft, explain that under the Sale of Goods Act they have to deal with your problem, they can't push you elsewhere. It'll likely be quicker than going through MS as Gameplay will probably give you a replacement right away, whereas MS may try to fix it.

Yea good point. ;) And even more so that gameplay will probably give you a new unit instead of a refurb. ;)

Soldato
OP
Davey_Pitch said:

Aye I know from reading all VIRII's posts ;)

I just wondered as I'd still have to wait for Gameplay to collect my faulty one and ship me a new one won't I? Or will they just ship me a new one right away and I send the faulty one back?

I would have course have phoned Gameplay but their lines shut at 8. I'll be ringing them first thing in the morning.

Associate
I bought mine from Gameplay and when my console initially went wrong I tried Microsoft but got no where. In the end I went and contacted Gameplay and they have been fantastic. I reccomend you go with them. Unfortunately I have lost all my saves :(

Permabanned
wyrdo said:
Aye I know from reading all VIRII's posts ;)

I just wondered as I'd still have to wait for Gameplay to collect my faulty one and ship me a new one won't I? Or will they just ship me a new one right away and I send the faulty one back?

I would have course have phoned Gameplay but their lines shut at 8. I'll be ringing them first thing in the morning.

Personally I would buy another one from Game anywhere in the country and then return your faulty one using that receipt specifically to Game in the Marlowes in Hemel Hempstead and demand a complete refund.
I would then write to Game Head Office and complain bitterly about the shop manager regardless of how easy he was to deal with or whether or not he was in that day. :p

However should you not wish to do that ......... gameplay are obligated to sort you out although had I bought it online I would probably deal with MS simply because of all the aggro of sorting out couriers etc with Gameplay.

Permabanned
McManicMan said:
Question - If brought Online, do you have the right to actually goto the store and ask for replacement even when you never actually brought it from that store but did it online?

Unless they are different companies then yes. I know some places will try to claim that stuff bought online can't be returned to store but unlessit is registered asa seperate company then it can be. I bought a 12" Dalek from Argos online and returned it instore without a problem (I had 2 but they were on the same frequency so no Dalek battles were possible ;) )

Associate
My 360 died two weeks ago (bought in Dec last year) and I returned it to gameplay without any problems. Rang them up said I got 3 lights of death. Guy stated to fill in the returns section on the receipt and they would refund any delivery charge.

I Sent the 360 on a tuesday and got my brand new system back on that thursday. Sent em proof of postage through email and got my delivery charge back. Can't fault them. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom