Samsung SM940BF

Associate
Hi all as anyone got a Samsung SM940BF 19 Inch TFT if so can you recommend it also does anyone know what an A-Si. Panel Type is this old type, any help I would be very grateful.

Man of Honour
The Samsung 940BF is pretty much an extension of the 930BF which is pretty popular. Plenty of info on this one in the sticky which should help inc loads of user comments. Essentially the same panel, with a slightly turned up overdrive (MagicSpeed) application. The 940BF uses a Samsung TN Film panel though, not sure why you asked about a-Si as well?!...imagine it's mentioned somewhere for it? FYI though, a-Si is "Amorphous Silicon", don't need to worry about this really.

Associate
OP
Hi many thanks for the reply I mentioned A-Si as I could not find a reference and thought it was some obscure panel Ok it’s TN Film, I read the 930BF reviews and did not realise it was a similar model, but after reading this about TN Film on TFT central
they are not always very good at displaying blacks and also there is a problem with pixels dying and becoming a bright colour rather than just completely going out
I think I may re-look at the Viewsonic VP930 again, for the odd video and photo work no games.

Back
Top Bottom