A Questions regarding my Over running Apprenticeship

Soldato
Some Questions regarding my Over running Apprenticeship

I have been in a Modern apprenticeship with the local council for over 4 years now and i still havent recieved the qualifications i should have.

The situation is that Me. and 6 other apprentices (along with 3 from other companies) have been going to Sunderland college for 4 years. This was to achieve NVQ3 in plumbing and mechanical services and also do my CCN1 etc and Corgi registration.

However!, the college has been absolutely crap for the last 3 years or so. On every review at work since it went down hill i stated that the college needed to sort itself out as lectures werent being given. Some days we would go in and a lecturer would be double booked. Instead he would tell 10 of us to "Go read in the library until i meet you at 1pm"

So he expected 10 lads between 18-20 to go read?, obviously this rarely happened and we went home etc until 1.

Now the situation is that i was last in college in december doing some exams, which i passed. Then we have heard nothing since. I have been complaining at work "and they are looking into it"

I shoulda been out of my time in september and should be earning a full wage. However im still unqualified to work on Gas and on an Apprentice wage (which is pretty good tbh. £7 per hour)

Do u think its possible that considering ive complained time and time again, and had nothing done. That i could claim compensation from work, or the college that our place pays?

Sorry if my grammar aint great etc. Im meeting Kahn for a pint soon and im rushing :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
id really appreciate some opinions because this is getting me really down these days :(

i know people earning more money than me and they are in basic high street jobs and it really makes me think how crap it all is

Soldato
Its an unusual case, I would make a complaint to the college and write a formal letter to your employer asking to have the matter looked into. You're right you are on a good wage for an apprentice but you can't stay on it indefinately and you need to get you qualifications. If you have 10 other blokes in the same position then you have some power over the college, get some letter written.

MB

Soldato
OP
Matblack said:
Its an unusual case, I would make a complaint to the college and write a formal letter to your employer asking to have the matter looked into. You're right you are on a good wage for an apprentice but you can't stay on it indefinately and you need to get you qualifications. If you have 10 other blokes in the same position then you have some power over the college, get some letter written.

MB

Ok thanks. We have discussed that and it looks like im going to have to get the lads together and create some kind of formal letter. The college has been the main problem. Lecturers come and go. They fall out with eachother and get suspended etc. Its a farce

Back
Top Bottom