Quiet 80mm Fans, and 120mm Fans

Associate
Rightio, I am going to be getting a thermaltake armor case in the nearish future.
My current case is a chieftech dragon, so has okayish cooling, but uses 80mm fans. I don't fancy using the LED ones that come with the Armor, and would like some help on fans as I have only a few ideas about them.

So, reccomendations for 120mm case fans, not stupidly expensive either, £10 a fan max please.

Secondly, I have an Akasa Evo33 cooler that has an Amber fan on, due to my overclock, and the fact the rheostat is borked, its running on high speed constantly which is 41db+ (i find it fairly loud, and my hearing is rubbish) It's the loudest part of the whole computer. Can anyone reccomend a decent fan that will run quietly, but still push relatively decent cfm?
I am probably going to change to a ninja after I get the Armor, but the 80mm fan is needed before then lol

thanks for any help

Man of Honour
The ones in the Armour are TT Thunderblades which normally howl like a banshee but these are only running at 1300rpm and are a lot quieter. Trust me i know! I have an Armour and i also have a full speed thunderblade on a SI-120. Luckily that's on a fan controller. The most annoying fans in the Armour are the 92mm ones. They have an annoying whine to them. The one in the roof is a waste of time anyway as most of the vent is covered.

Associate
120mm, Aerocool Turbine, 19dba
80mm, Aerocool aluminium, 20dba
I also have 2 x Aerocool PSU which are also 19dba, can't believe the reduction in noise this has made to my case.

Associate
I just bought 2 Sharkoon Silent Eagle 120mm fans. They dont push as much air as the ambers, but they are damn quiet, and they compliment the black and white of my case.

dont like clear and orange acrylic look tbh.

Associate
I've got myself 2 Ambers and they are very quiet, much quieter than the fans that the Lian Li case came with. And they are within oyur budget at £10

Soldato
120mm - get Yate Loons :) ... rebranded here as Nexus fans, and slowed down slightly, but about 4 times the price ... order em from the US ;)

80mm - Akasa Ambers if they need to cool something, SilenX dont push enough CFM ... 7v the amber and its fairly quiet

Back
Top Bottom