Quick gamertage question

Caporegime
Quick gamertag question

Just a quick question lads about the gamertag. Is there anyway that you can change your gamertag by yourself?. Going into the gamertag options, i cant see anywhere where you could change your name should you want to.

Actually i want to change my name, really should have thought about picking a better name tbh.

So can i do it myself or do i have to get in touch with M$???

TIA:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Spawn said:
Just a quick question lads about the gamertag. Is there anyway that you can change your gamertag by yourself?. Going into the gamertag options, i cant see anywhere where you could change your name should you want to.

Actually i want to change my name, really should have thought about picking a better name tbh.

So can i do it myself or do i have to get in touch with M$???

TIA:)

I can't remmeber exactly where it is but you can do it from your 360 and it costs 800 points if I remember correctly.

Press the guide button, it's under there somewhere.

Permabanned
You can change everything bar your actual NAME for free. For example im "Ultra Extreme" and to change that to "Lilly Mcspriggins" Would cost 800points which aint bad considering and i mean lets face it people wont trade names to confuse people etc

Caporegime
OP
Ultra_Extreme said:
You can change everything bar your actual NAME for free. For example im "Ultra Extreme" and to change that to "Lilly Mcspriggins" Would cost 800points which aint bad considering and i mean lets face it people wont trade names to confuse people etc

How much does it cost??, if its something silly then i wont bother but if its a small amount then i dont mind tbh.

Caporegime
OP
Ok the 800 points thingy, does that come off your gamerscore card or what??:p. Hell if its that cheap i might as well do it :)

WOOT \o/ LCD Tv has arrived, just got a call from my mum saying its arrived....bah stuck here for another 3 hrs at work:(....think im going to go home...ill pretend im ill or soemthing :p

Soldato
Spawn said:
Ok the 800 points thingy, does that come off your gamerscore card or what??:p. Hell if its that cheap i might as well do it :)

LOL no :D

The marketplace points (which you buy and in turn use them for Live arcade games etc.) are totally different to gamerscore points, which purely show your achievements status from games you have played.

Caporegime
OP
Cheers fellas

Just spent a good hr or so setting up my lcd tv only to find the damn thing has 3 pretty deep scratches on the panel..not on the lcd panel. Anyways will have to ring them up tommorrow and get it exchanged, am not happy as it took them nearly 3 weeks to deliver the damn thing to me in the first place :mad:

Anyways ive connected the xbox to it and my GOD!!!!! what a lovely sight to see...everything so clean and clear...no more squinting at my normal sony tv lol:p

Soldato
It does indeed cost gamerpoints, because i bought my 360 secondhand and it came with 8months live gold remaining i wanted to keep it so had to cough up the cash.

Permabanned
Windle said:
It does indeed cost gamerpoints, because i bought my 360 secondhand and it came with 8months live gold remaining i wanted to keep it so had to cough up the cash.

Gamerpoints are in game achievements.
Microsoft points are "spendable" and purchased for cash.

Caporegime
OP
VIRII said:
Which TV did you go for?

A samsung 32" jobbie....model number is LE32R74BDX Virii. Its this years model so the newest one out and have heard very good things about it. Got it for about £800 and it took them nearly 3 weeks to deliver it as they had problems sourcing one.

Only thing that really annoys me about it is that my one came with a few deep scratches in the panel and they are quite noticeable. So am going to ring them up tommorrow morning and get them to send me a new one without any cosmetic scratches and pick this one at the same time.

Permabanned
Spawn said:
A samsung 32" jobbie....model number is LE32R74BDX Virii. Its this years model so the newest one out and have heard very good things about it. Got it for about £800 and it took them nearly 3 weeks to deliver it as they had problems sourcing one.

Only thing that really annoys me about it is that my one came with a few deep scratches in the panel and they are quite noticeable. So am going to ring them up tommorrow morning and get them to send me a new one without any cosmetic scratches and pick this one at the same time.

Cool. I take it it is the 8ms panel? I am thinking about getting one myself for my spare room - I anticipate the odd night in the spare room soon as the latest mini-me is due mid August.
Did you get it via a competitor or is it a mntionable store?

Caporegime
OP
Yup 8ms panel it is, i definitely recommend getting one...very vibrant and sharp colours but then its the first lcd tv which is hd that i have ever owned bar my 21" tft screen that i use at home with my main pc.

Sadly they do a few things that Ocuk do ie cameras and mp3 players so cant really say the name.

Back
Top Bottom