Sidelights to compliment HIDs?

Soldato
I currently have 6000k HID headlights with philips W5W bluevision sidelight bulbs. The problem is the bluevission bulbs look exactly like the stock sidelights, that is to say, all yucky and orange looking when compaired to the HIDs. Can anyone recomend some side light bulbs that will look similar to the HIDs (or at least just pretty blue).
My other option is, a friend of mine has a JDM DC2 integra, it has HID headlights and bright yellow sidelight bulbs. Might sound a weird combo but it looks really really good, any ideas on where to get such bulbs (they were fitted when he imported it so he doesn't know)

GT3

GT3

Soldato
When I put white headlight bulbs in I just removed the sidelight bulbs altogether and wacked them back in for the MOT. Ask yourself, how often do you use just your sidelights?

Associate
Phantom said:
i use my sidelights at dusk... when there is still daylight but not dark enough to use the main beam

Exactly.

What's the point of taking the bulbs out? Sounds a little silly to me if you have to put them back in for MOT. It's not like they slow the car down...

Soldato
jonarob said:
Exactly.

What's the point of taking the bulbs out? Sounds a little silly to me if you have to put them back in for MOT. It's not like they slow the car down...

youve missed the actual point - the OP does not like the yellow light his produces when compared to the HID. having bulbs present and working is a legal requirement for it to pass the MOT hence the need to put them back.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Is it posible to get HIDs for the side lights aswell?
You might be able to try find them if you can.
Otherwise just use LEDs or something like that

Soldato
Have you thought about using these? I got them on my car (got them free with my order) and they do give a nice white light.

http://powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp...eHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=97

For £18.45 off powerbulbs you can get 2 sets of headlights (good halogen ones) and a free pair of sidelights (the ones linked above). So if there is another car that you know that the bulbs are not brilliant on it and is halogen then you can stick on those 2 pairs of headlights. Not bad for the money in my opinion.

http://powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp?bogof.asp

Last edited:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Freefaller said:
I'd go with LED's too. Cheap as chips and look great.

Driving with sidelights only even at dusk is absolutely pointless IMO.

I dont see why people cant just drive with there headlights on :confused:
I keep mine on during the day as well.
Its better to be seen early then not at all.
Ive already answerd the question. just look up a couple posts :)

Associate
Do you have any idea how annoying it is when people have the headlights on in the middle of the day coming towards you?

The sidelights help you to be seen when visibility isn't the best but they do so without shining into peoples' eyes.

Man of Honour
jonarob said:
Do you have any idea how annoying it is when people have the headlights on in the middle of the day coming towards you?

The sidelights help you to be seen when visibility isn't the best but they do so without shining into peoples' eyes.

On my bike I will always ride with my headlight on. If it annoys people, at least it means they've seen me - and that frankly is far more important.

Also when driving with the sun behind me, say on a motorway, people are often blinded by the sun, and can't see approaching cars from behind - I switch my headlights on (in my car this time).

I don't bother driving with my lights on during the day as often it's bright enough, but I see no harm in doing it. In the winter they'll come on more often than they do now that's for sure.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
jonarob said:

Low beams dont blinde people though

Soldato
I drive with my sidelights on very often. the car is grey and low and I like people to see me.

however, I have popup headlights so Im not going to stick them up all the time (and lower my loverly drag efficiency) or Id prolly just use headlights :)

I wouldnt remove sidelight bulbs. its not just an MOT requirement, you could be pulled and fined if you met an anal officer on a bad day.

Soldato
I use sidelights whenever it isn't sunny. Firstly so I can see the instruments clearer, and secondly because I think a car with sidelights on is easier to see in dim light than one without any lights at all.

I'd only use headlights when it's dark enough that they provide me with a clearer view of the road, because as already said they do alter other driver's ability to see and judge distance.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
DannyDan said:
I use sidelights whenever it isn't sunny. Firstly so I can see the instruments clearer, and secondly because I think a car with sidelights on is easier to see in dim light than one without any lights at all.

I'd only use headlights when it's dark enough that they provide me with a clearer view of the road, because as already said they do alter other driver's ability to see and judge distance.

The instruments still light up without sidelight bulbs in ;) Yes a car with sidelights on is easier to see in dim light but one with headlights on is easier still.

I don't see how headlights alter other drivers ability to see and judge distance when in only dim light.

Back
Top Bottom