Gypsies

Man of Honour
Something's been bothering me today...

Whenever you see gypsies by the side of the road they have a pony or 3. Why? I guess they used to use them to pull their wooden caravans. But now they have a Transit van to pull their modern caravan.

Yet they still have ponies.

Why?!

Soldato
Yes, a gypy slagging thread!

Not that I like them, I just dont see any content happening soon.

I'd say the lifestyle tends to lead to slack behaviour and morals - although the progmramme "Gypsy Wars" changed my attitude on them recently. Some of them are just poor and uneducated, whereas some seem to have terrible behaviour.

Associate
cleanbluesky said:
Their reputation isn't entirely undeserved, you realise...

Although i realise this I did feel ashamed to be human yesterday, as i read in my local paper about 3 travellers children who'd had a smoke bomb thrown at them from a moving car...... now that is harsh.

This comes from someone who's had many a face-to-face "would you mind telling your 2 year old to stop taking things and bringing them to you outside of my shop" confrontations!

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
Arcade Fire said:
I heard that gypsies eat babies and widdle on pictures of Princess Diana.

Is that while devouring swan sandwiches? I read it in the Sun so it must be true!

Just ran a class for travellers. They have produced a DVD about their site and it is rather intereasting. When filming down at the site the kids were extremely well behaved, the site clean and people friendly. I guess it is like society in general - some are good and some are bad.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
All I know is when they come stay round me, crime rate sores, they leave the sites in a disgusting state. There kids are 6X worse than your average happy slapping chav..

Soldato
I think that everyone knows this side of gypsies - I've seen them and they have no respect, no jobs and often cause trouble seemingly randomly.

I know someone who did intervention work with them, and some of the reports of abuse are really unpleasant.

What really surprised me thought is that there are many that do not take that attitude and are trying to improve themselves - such as the group on that program "Gypsy Wars" who had built small houses for themselves and settled on land and were attempting to get their children educated. Its just unfortunate that they didn't apply for planning permission in advance.

Associate
What a coincidence that this topic comes up. I usually go to my local park on my own just to practice my shots on the rugby posts and this Irish gypsy wanted to fight me for my football, and was just generally getting in my face, I tried to avoid a fight and any confrontation by changing the subject and asking if he wanted to play a match. To cut a long story short I finally got home unmarked and still owning a football. :D

Back
Top Bottom