lying tower cases horizontally

Associate
is there any problem with lying a tower case on its side?

i have a cube shaped case but am probably going to get an antec p180. just wondered if it would be possible for me to lie it down if i ever wanted to.

thanks

Soldato
Should be fine! :)

I own a P180 and can't think of any real reason why it wouldn't be ok on it's side!

It is designed as a high performance air cooling case so being on it's side may effect airflow a little - but i can't imagine it would come remotely close to crippling performance or anything like that!

gt_junkie

Associate
I often leave tower cases on their side when I am using them as test rigs, makes it far easier to remove and replace PCI/x cards and CPU's etc.

only thing would be that the cases are designed to be upright, therefore when placing in CD drives this could potentially be a problem; unless of course you plan to mod.

Associate
as long as the case is over so the CPU is facing upwards the hot air will still rise and be extracted by the rear 120mm.

However (looking at one of my P180's) if you do this, the door will open upwards and not downwards, although it will open right back on itself by the way its hinged, this is still a bit of a bummer.

edit: why you wanna lie it down anyway?? :confused: just get a desktop case like a lascala or alike...

Back
Top Bottom