Live For Speed - One for Stellios

Soldato
Just installed LFS and I read on the LFS forums that a few people are having the same problem.

I keep getting crashes, the game will just freeze and I have ctrl alt del out of the game.

Stellios, do you know a fix for this?

Associate
Can't suggest anything specific, just the usual check you have the latest video drivers installed.
Possibly try downgrading to an older driver version.

Not installed over the top of an old installation which might have odds, sods 'n mods that might be causing problems ?
Perhaps try a fresh install into a seperate folder somewhere ?

PS Is there any way to disable these awful forum avatars ?

Associate
How far does the game get? How long can you play for? What USB devices do you have? Do you have the latest ATI driver (6.4)? Is this online of off line?

Try a clean install in a new folder, or try an earlier version of LFS from the download archive.

After looking at the technical problems posts on LFSForum try:::
Using the ATI Driver 5.11
Disabling VPU recover in the ATI control panel
Halving the texture size in LFS options
Saying a prayer

Let us know how you get on!

:)

Soldato
OP
Im using the latest drivers.
I'm playing online.
USB devices are mouse, USB>PS2 adapter, Logitech wingman wheel
It's when i exit the pitlane the game then freezes.

Thanks for the help.

Will try suggested ideas tomorrow when i can be arsed :)

Soldato
Hi, i had similar problems, where mine would freeze for about 30-45 seconds then unfreeze and my textures would be messed up and i would get disconnected from any servers i was on. Upgrading my GFX card drivers has sorted this on my PC, but im on nvidia so cant comment whether you will experience the same. It was the latest official released nvidia drivers that screwed me over, going to unofficial forcewares solved it.

Also, if you patched it then try doing a full redownload, the full game readily patched is available from the LFS site. This has solved it for a few people, but it didnt for me.

Sorry for the late response, OCUK is blocked in my college now :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom