Anyone else missing their polling card?

Soldato
Not having a card doesn't stop you voting. Just go to the local polling station and tell them where you live. I lost my card, but this didn't stop me voting.

Soldato
Sorry for stating the obvious, but I assume you've checked that there are elections in your area and that you are registered to vote?

Soldato
You all have a voice and an opportunity yet your answer is "It's all ********" & "I wasn't going to vote anyway".
Makes you happy in a way that those generations before us fought for a democracy where everyone over the age of 18 be you male or female actually does have a voice doesn't it?

I've always noticed how it is the non-voters that get most vocal as soon as local and national government do something they don't agree with.....

Soldato
Anyone else missing their polling card?
why?
do you honestly think it makes a difference?

as the saying goes....it don`t matter WHO you vote for ,the government ALWAYS gets in :D
i am proud,yes proud to say i have never wasted my time in voting in my 43 years of life

Soldato
ANDARIAL said:
why?
do you honestly think it makes a difference?
It makes every difference in the world.

as the saying goes....it don`t matter WHO you vote for ,the government ALWAYS gets in :D
Hilarious.

i am proud,yes proud to say i have never wasted my time in voting in my 43 years of life
The biggest thing you can do to decide what happens to your life and your country is a waste of time? By not voting, in my eyes, you give up any right to ever complain about government or policy, you are making the political point that you couldn't care less what the government does. I think that's frankly disgusting. Get a grip.

Soldato
PinkPig said:
It makes every difference in the world.

Hilarious.

The biggest thing you can do to decide what happens to your life and your country is a waste of time? By not voting, in my eyes, you give up any right to ever complain about government or policy, you are making the political point that you couldn't care less what the government does. I think that's frankly disgusting. Get a grip.
really?
look at it this way if you believe that ALL yes ALL politicians are lying greasy scum isn`t it wrong to help any of them get into office?
there is not one of em i want to have control over my life,or the country for that matter
do you believe what they tell you?are you that naive to think they have YOUR best interests at heart?
c`mon mate get a grip :p

Soldato
ANDARIAL said:
Yes, really.
look at it this way if you believe that ALL yes ALL politicians are lying greasy scum isn`t it wrong to help any of them get into office?
Don't talk rubbish. Have you spoken to every politician in the country? By no means do I think they're perfect, but there are people out there who really do want to make a difference. Even if you hate them all, by not voting you're saying that you have absolutely no preference between, say, a Labour government and a BNP government. Is that really the case?
there is not one of em i want to have control over my life,or the country for that matter
So, you're arguing for general anarchy? Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think most people would agree that it won't work. Someone needs to be in charge. Since we define that person as a politician, and you seem to put a blanket "they're evil" over politicians, it seems you'll never be happy
do you believe what they tell you?are you that naive to think they have YOUR best interests at heart?
c`mon mate get a grip :p
Not all of it. Some of it, yes. Most politicians, countary to popular opinion, do want to make the general public happy. Even if you think they're only out for a career or to get votes, they get that, at the end of the day, by persuading people to vote for them. Even if you want to make the point that you disapprove of every possible party, then go along to the polling station and put in a void ballot. Failing to show up entirely shows that you couldn't care less who's in charge. The very fact that you argue that you don't like politicians much proves that's not the case. Why are you trying to take the fashionable option and not bother to vote?

Soldato
:) oh well whatever
i got to go to work now to pay the taxes for the fine upstanding gentlemen YOU have voted for :D
later :)
Why are you trying to take the fashionable option and not bother to vote?
re read my post please ,i have never voted so how is it `fashionable` in my case not to vote :confused:

Soldato
ANDARIAL said:
:) oh well whatever
I'd say that sums up your attitude.
i got to go to work now to pay the taxes for the fine upstanding gentlemen YOU have voted for :D
I doubt your taxes are going to the councillor I voted for yesterday. Since you gave up your right to a choice, you're exactly right though, your money is going to who the rest of the country decided it would go to. Don't you want to participate in that choice yourself?

re read my post please ,i have never voted so how is it `fashionable` in my case not to vote :confused:
Yet you failed to give a single valid reason for not voting - unless you count your umbrella assumption that "all politicians are liars".

Back
Top Bottom