WAR is coming - Q1 2007

Associate
Hi guys,

was wondering if you guys are looking forward (way forward i.e. 2007) to the release of this mmorpg. As from the reviews, reports and video clips sofar it sounds and looks like it's going to be an excellent mmo.

Webby is:

www.warhammeronline.com if you want to have a read.

Latest video can be found at -

http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/748/748723/vids_1.html - looks very good, I'm sure you'll agree.

What do you ladies and gents think?

Cheers,
Ish

Associate
OP
I don't like the comparisons that WAR is getting with WoW, as WoW is based on WAR and not the other way around. And World of Warcraft has the longevity of a wet lettuce.

By reading reviews about the quest system, and RvR, WAR sounds like a dead cert to blow WoW, DAoC, EVE etc out the water, for subscribers.

Soldato
Reppyboyo said:
If it was Warhammer 40k I would have been interested.

Oh well.

If they made the DoW intro into a MMORPG, i'd play it in a heartbeat.

I'll still play WAR when it comes out, but i'm getting tired of all this fantasy, dragon slaying stuff, give me a bolt pistol and chainsword! :cool:

Associate
omg!!!

Haven't had my fill or orcs, elves, goblins, wizards et al, so I will be keeping my eye on this.

I wonder if skeet shooting with orcs will make it in the full game..hmmmmm.... :D

Associate
RaMDOM said:
Haven't had my fill or orcs, elves, goblins, wizards et al, so I will be keeping my eye on this.

Same here lol, I've kept strictly away from WoW and I intend to do so and I don't have any other games which involve any of the listed in the quote above lol (except Wizards).
I don't really care if its just Warhammer and not 40K, they will definately release another version of it for 40K, it will be like City of Heroes and City of Villains.

Caporegime
Theres always chaos :cool:

Lets just hope its going to turn out better than the 1st attempt that had games workshop involved, now that their out of the equasion the game should be much better. Seriously a warhammer rpg without rpg, what a joke, good riddance to them, and its nice that they got conned for a change. :p WAR really needs a forum on the website though. One that isnt moderated by the same idiots as last time.

Caporegime
King4aDay said:
Didn't this get canned a while ago? Has it been resurrected or am I confusing it with something else?

GW aren't involved anymore, all the old warhammer online stuff has been scrapped, including their crap method of casting spells, yay.

Soldato
Energize said:
GW aren't involved anymore, all the old warhammer online stuff has been scrapped, including their crap method of casting spells, yay.

So its entirely new from the ground up then? Or have they cannibalised/reused bits of Warhammer Online?

Back
Top Bottom