Carpet Transplant.

Soldato
Well, my girlfriend has just done a whoopsie. She has burnt some holes in my carpet :o

It's a Uni House, so the job doesn't have to be amazingly perfect, but it will need to be replaced or fixed. I have a roll of carpet ( the same design as the one that is there at the moment) so no worries there.

So, I have the burnt carpet on the floor, and a roll of replacement carpet. How do I transplant one onto the other? I understand cutting it out and sticking it down, but is there anything else I need to consider?

Caporegime
carpet shrinkage. ;)

Always cut it bigger than you think you need.

Maybe that want necesarrily the question but i preempting the tips thread. :p

Soldato
To try and patchwork it is very difficult. If your going to do it this way, you'll have to pay someone to sticht it in properly. Otherwise the two peices will move apart.

If the carpet it big, patch it (depending on size of woopsies). If the carpet is smallish, might be easier to just throw some new cheap/similar stuff down. Depends really. Either way i doubt you'll be able to do it, even to average standards.

Soldato
OP
LeperousDust said:
To try and patchwork it is very difficult. If your going to do it this way, you'll have to pay someone to sticht it in properly. Otherwise the two peices will move apart.

If the carpet it big, patch it (depending on size of woopsies). If the carpet is smallish, might be easier to just throw some new cheap/similar stuff down. Depends really. Either way i doubt you'll be able to do it, even to average standards.

You make me cry :< was worried that would be the answer.

Soldato
OP
It's only cheap carpet I think. The room is about 10ft by 10ft. How much does cheap carpet cost? As you can tell i'm well out my depth here!

Soldato
OP
Burned_Alive said:
If its a uni house, just leave it?

Surely losing your deposit will be cheaper than replacing the carpet?

Well I've just checked the cost, and it will be £250 lost. Surely the cheapo carpet they use will not cost that much to replace so it would be cheaper to have a go myself? I have literally no idea :(

Back
Top Bottom