Mosquito!

Soldato
Just typical, the first warm day and they are already invading my room. Seeing as I've been out for a run they've attacked my legs before I made it to the shower. I think I've lost 2 pints of blood from my right leg. :mad:

Anyone know of any old school methods in keeping the blighters out? I *really* need the window open because, well, I'd burst into flames if it was closed.

Soldato
OP
Zip said:
Citranella candel :)

EDIT: I think if you wipe bananna skin over your skin they wont bite you for some reason
a) Will try that, although having candles in your bedroom makes you a girl. imho. :D

b) Erm, no thanks.

Suspended
You can get sprays or candles or just a wall of fire will do well....

Can't say I get them down South. Sure you arn't on holiday. We are talking England right?

Soldato
OP
Rednut05 said:
You can get sprays or candles or just a wall of fire will do well....

Can't say I get them down South. Sure you arn't on holiday. We are talking England right?
Just south of my house is a marsh area. My garden has a few ponds too. I've dealt with the current ones (my World of Warcraft manual will need a clean).

Soldato
Roduga said:
Just south of my house is a marsh area. My garden has a few ponds too. I've dealt with the current ones (my World of Warcraft manual will need a clean).
Ahhh there's you're problem then!! At the weekend you need to drain the marsh areas and also those ponds as that's the breeding area. If you collect lots and lots of that silica gel from shoe boxes you could dump it all and it'll absorb all the water, leaving you in a mosquito-free area!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Rich_L said:
Ahhh there's you're problem then!! At the weekend you need to drain the marsh areas and also those ponds as that's the breeding area. If you collect lots and lots of that silica gel from shoe boxes you could dump it all and it'll absorb all the water, leaving you in a mosquito-free area!

He could buy a track load of incontanance pads :p

Permabanned
Rich_L said:
Mustard.....
Naah, high-five the bugger against the wall! ;)

Unless it's one of these:

Mozzie.jpg

Did you know malaria was a common problem round Kent and Essex (marshes) in the 1600s? Pepys wrote about it in his diaries IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom