Yet another Shockwave Flash thread

Associate
Can someone please link me to some place outside of Adobe/Macromedia's server where the Flash player is mirrored? I can't seem to download Flash from their website, keep getting the "Server not found: Firefox can't find the server at fpdownload.macromedia.com" error message. Tried with Explorer and Opera as well.
I'm sure the page isn't blocked on my firewall, I'm sure I haven't got ActiveX disabled, I don't have a problem accessing any other site, it's inexplicable why this is happening. Even Firefox's automatic plugin finder couldn't install it. MSN keeps prompting me to install Flash player even though I already had it installed every 3 minutes, driving me insane.
There was a security update to Internet Explorer earlier today which is I suspect what borked Flash in the first place. Tried to uninstall it through Control Panel, but unfortunately I couldn't find it in the add/remove programs list where all the Windows hotfixes are so I assume I can't get rid of it now... :/

Associate
OP
Surprisingly, I think that's the one, despite it only being 950KB! It installed fine, and doesn't seem to have downloaded anything while installing (although it could've done it transparently I guess). Thanks!

Soldato
manveruppd said:
Surprisingly, I think that's the one, despite it only being 950KB! It installed fine, and doesn't seem to have downloaded anything while installing (although it could've done it transparently I guess). Thanks!

No probs, will leave it up for anyone else who needs it :)

Back
Top Bottom