• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sli enabling problem...

Associate
Hi all,
I have two leadtek 7800GTX in sli and the problem is that I have to enable sli every single day :confused: if I leave the PC off for more than 7 to 10 hours and sometimes less.

To enable Sli I boot the system and when it boots into windows a message pops up stating that the system needs to restart to enable sli and gives me a 15 second count down. When it restarts and boots into windows, it does not detect the second card and when I check into the Sli section of the nVidia display panal it tells me to add a second GPU. Then I shut down the system completly and boot it again into windows where now it detects the cards and I can enable Sli. Note: Restarting the system wont do it.

When the system finally detects the cards i can restart and shut down the system as I like but if I left it for that length of time it will force me to take the same procedure again.

I've been doing this since september and I finally got fed up :mad: < about time :D

Could anyone please shed some light on whats going on with my system and if there is a way to fix it. Many thanks ;)

My specs is:

Giga-byte GA-8N-Sli Royal
Enermax Liberty 620W
Windows XP SP2
Forceware 84.43
Mains power is always on.

Soldato
Doppleganger said:
I'd uninstall and then reinstall your drivers. I had some issues with SLI when I first got the 2nd card - they went away with a reinstall.

What he said i had the same problem reinstalling the drivers fixed it for me .;)

Associate
OP
First of all, I would like to say Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it ;)

I did update the forceware drivers at least 3 times since I had the setup and the same problem was present all the way, however I will try your advice and try to sort it out with an uninstall and a reinstall if it did fix the problem with you guys.

Thanks again :D

Associate
OP
MeatLoaf said:
Is there an option in your bios to set the sli mode or so you have a paddle card on the mobo?

Thanks for the reply. Yes there is but its only giving two options AUTO and Disabled and mine is set to Auto.

Back
Top Bottom