• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SLI newb 2 x 7800GTX

Soldato
Hi,

OK I've just bought a second 7800GTX to run in SLI, plugged it all into my Asus A8N-SLI but I get what seems like a high pitched warning squeal, as far as I can tell both cards have power so what am I doing wrong ;)

Cheers

HEADRAT

Soldato
OP
OK I've given the EZ_PLUG some juice and the red LED has gone out on the MOBO and I've enabled SLI in drivers but I'm still getting a high pitched warning squeal (can't tell if its from the MOBO or the card).

HEADRAT

Soldato
What version of the A8N do you have? If not the premium, have you changed the little paddle card to dual cards.

Your psu shouyld be fine, i ran sli 7800Gt cards with rest of spec in my sig on an enermax 485w

The molex you put in the ez-plug, is it shared with anything as i shouldnt be really.

Soldato
VGA lead is connected to the card in the blue pci-e slot?Im just going through the manual and checking but so far it seems you have everything setup right.

Back
Top Bottom