• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Resolution Help!

Associate
Hi there dudes, sorry i know this should probably go in the monitors section but you guys are a little more bright :D

Anywhoo im currently running a 15" dell TFT with max resolution of 1024x768 therefore i currently can only play all my games in that resolution......

My question is if i upgrade to an acer 19" widescreen does that mean i will still be playing in this resolution or will the monitor adjust the resolution to its widescreen setting and in turn does that not then mean it will be difficult for me to get good framerates (current spec xp2200+, 512 ddr, 9800 pro)

Yes its a bad spec but i am upgrading this summer before uni !

Thanks in advance

Soldato
The ACER will happily scale, as mentioned above, or you may be able to up the game's resolution to 1280x1024......which will also be scaled.....for that slightly better look....

I have a Dell 2005FPW (1680x1050) and most games do not directly support this resolution....FEAR ran @ 1152x864 (if I remember right ;)) and looked fine.....

Back
Top Bottom