Vertical Green Line

Associate
Just turned my computer on this morning to have a vertical green line all the way down the screen on the right. Sorry I cant be more specific, any idea what it could be? Monitor on it's way out?

Its a samsung 730bf by the way.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
tested the monitor on another PC to see if it's the screen or graphics card? Could be either really. check cables and connections too, maybe try VGA and DVI see if that helps?

Associate
OP
The line is there as soon as you plug the monitor in whether its plugged into a graphics card or not, so its definitely a monitor problem.

Think its dying?

Thanks for reply.

Last edited:
Soldato
TheXileD said:
The line is there as soon as you plug the monitor in whether its plugged into a graphics card or not, so its definitely a monitor problem.

Think its dying?

Thanks for reply.

Well as for "dying" it could go on for years like that but that isn't the point is it?

If it does it regardless of being connected to an output or not it is faulty and you need to seek an RMA or purchase a new monitor unless you can live with it. (doubtful) ;)

Associate
OP
There are now 4 vertical lines, with some more flickering in :(

The problem is i've lost the invoice, will OcUK be able to send it again if I can prove my identity and show evidence like bank statements etc?

Or do I have to buy a new one? Its only 6 months old :(

Associate
TheXileD said:
Just turned my computer on this morning to have a vertical green line all the way down the screen on the right. Sorry I cant be more specific, any idea what it could be? Monitor on it's way out?

Its a samsung 730bf by the way.

hi. i have the same monitor and had to return for the same reason, if u tap the screen at the top of the line it may disappear for a spell but if under warranty return it, mine was purchased from overclockers btw, maybe u got my dud ?? JK !........

Ant.........

Caporegime
TheXileD said:
There are now 4 vertical lines, with some more flickering in :(

The problem is i've lost the invoice, will OcUK be able to send it again if I can prove my identity and show evidence like bank statements etc?

Or do I have to buy a new one? Its only 6 months old :(

OcUK will dig up your original invoice, they use your postcode I think, give them a call :)

Back
Top Bottom