Stupid O2

Soldato
I must say that O2 have been good to me, especially when i upgraded in september and managed to get 500 anytime mins + 400 texts+ free v3 razr, all for £15 a month.

I then had problems with them charging me for text messages. An extra £5 or so for a couple of months until i got though to them and they credited it me back.

Today i checked my online bill, and it's come to £37 :eek: I should be paying £20 (with £5 insurance a month), and they have charged me for every text message i have sent since the 8th of april, even though they are free :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know that the great offer i got has to be entered in a number of weird ways on their sytem, but on my inclusive txt allowance it says i have the 400 msgs from the 8th april to 2nd may.

Now im gonna have to ring them up to sort this crap out, as they are going to carry on charging me for texts in the next month.

FFS

Soldato
ive had my online contract of 500 minutes and 500 texts for £20 pm since i got my phone in about June 04.

I've had bills as high as £120 before!

never had them charge for stuff they shouldnt have though. Sounds like another case of ringing them up and moaning threaten to not continue renewing the contract if the problem continues

Soldato
OP
Yep, they won't check their systems even though i never go over budget. But the contract i have is awesome so i can't moan too much unless they really screw me over.

Associate
im on a simlar upgrade deal and my bills have been mostly ok so far. This month thought they've screwed up my text messages so ill be charged for them then will have to ring up and get credited the money back.

I don't mind a bit of extra hassle for the saving i make

Soldato
Oh great is this whats to come?

I've checked my online bill tonight and my new month only started 2 days ago yet they are charging me for my text messages even though I have only sent 35 but I have a free allowance of 600. I've phoned them tonight already and moaned to be told that its a system error and it takes a few days to catch up.

I think I'll keep a close eye on it for the next couple of days and then call them again.

Associate
Minxy said:
Oh great is this whats to come?

I've checked my online bill tonight and my new month only started 2 days ago yet they are charging me for my text messages even though I have only sent 35 but I have a free allowance of 600. I've phoned them tonight already and moaned to be told that its a system error and it takes a few days to catch up.

I think I'll keep a close eye on it for the next couple of days and then call them again.

yeh same as me, as soon as i saw i was going to billed for them i phoned up and they said there is nothing they can do until after i have been billed for this period.

Might try and call them the day before the end of this billing period and apply the correct credit then to balance it out

Soldato
charltonfan1 said:
yeh same as me, as soon as i saw i was going to billed for them i phoned up and they said there is nothing they can do until after i have been billed for this period.

Might try and call them the day before the end of this billing period and apply the correct credit then to balance it out

Whats that all about? The girl told me it should right itself closer to my next billing date but as I said to her, how am I supposed to keep track of my allowances and spending?

She reckons the system is constantly updating and correcting itself. Not happy.

Associate
Minxy said:
Whats that all about? The girl told me it shoudl right itself closer to my next billing date but as I said to her, how am I supposed to keep track of my allowances and spending?

She reckons the system is constantly updating and correcting itself. Not happy.

I have never seen the unbilled usage correct itself in the 3 or so years ive been on o2 contract.

Soldato
O2 are starting to suck in my opinion now.

I got my contract out in August for 50 minutes and 500 texts for £19 a month.

Wicked but i was going over the minutes so i went up to £25 a month and was going over again so i went upto the £30 a month one which gave me 200 minutes and 500 texts.

I found i was using all of these recently so i dropped back down to the £25 one which gave me 100 minutes and 500 texts.

They changed their lowest tarrif to 50 minutes and 200 texts.

I phoned up YESTERDAY to drop it to the lowest as i now have a t-mobile one which i used for minutes.

They said as i started the contract with the 50 mins and 500 texts that i could keep that instead of the measley 200 texts.

I thought wicked, so i asked to go for that and to add a bolt-on of 200 texts for £9.

They had to put me throught to a supervisor to authorize this.

I clearly asked what i was getting and when it would take effect.

They BOTH stated that it would take effect on the 5th of this month (today) and i would get 50 minutes and 700 texts for £28 a month.

I was happy as a pup with 2 tails.

I looked at my bill today and i'm on the £30 one again.

Now i get annoyed and phone them up and am told that everything i was told was a lie and that i can't get the 500 texts on that and that my bolt-on was never added and that everything was a total lie.

I start fuming and say about how 2 people lied to me etc... and that one of them was a supervisor :eek:

So now i'm back on the £25 a month one and get 100 minutes and 500 texts for £25 a month but because they screwed up they are giving me a month free. (I should have pushed for 2 months)

Now i can't wait until August when i can leave them for a t-mobile one (already got 1 t-mobile) because it's stupid as to what i've been told especially by a supervisor :eek:

So now i haven't got what i wanted :(

Andy

Soldato
I emailed 02 with my little problem so that I'd get a response in writing.

They've refunded me 51p on texts but apparently the whole online system runs 48-72hours behind schedule hence why some months it takes longer to catch up than others.

My texts and calls are now showing as free again. :)

Soldato
OP
YE it's a bummer, and i haven't bothered to ring up yet, as itl probably cost me enough from my mobile :rolleyes:

Hey charlton fan, it seems like im no the only one on our amazing tariff that is being screwed around with their texts. O b.t.w, great game yestersy, and saha was excellent again :p

Back
Top Bottom