Spec me a 37" HDTV

Soldato
For my Dad's 50th my Mum wants to buy him a fancy HDTV (he likes his TV), so she has turned to me as the resident techy bod to find out which one is best.
After sketching out a 37" screen on the wall (no wallpaper, we're mid-decorating) my Mum decided that size would be best.

She doesn't want to spend too much over £1000, is this not a reasonable amount to be looking for a half decent 37 incher? Should I convince her to up her budget or settle for 32"?
Has anyone got any recommendations for a 37 incher that isn't too far over £1000?

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

p.s. Are there any good magazines or websites for TV review comparisons, most google results for model numbers just give shops, I'm finding it quite hard to get reviews for TVs.

Permabanned
what about those new tvs not lcd nor plasma cant remember the name, but the yhave a much better picture quality and cheaper.

Soldato
DLPs, theres is a prob with dlps tho some people notice a rainbow effect and others get eye strain on em for bit. but pic quality wise dlp at the moment is meant to be the best

Back
Top Bottom