MS Word file usage time-o-meter?

Associate
Ok bad title I know but I don't know what this function would be called! ;)

Anyway, I'm a group where several of us are sending our parts of a project to each other to get the project finished, now one particular member of the group is slacking, and I want to know how much he is actually doing for himself, and how much is being copied and pasted from google.

Is there a tool in Word that shows how long that particular word file has been open for and edited?? I suspect this person has only a few minutes work on the file! :eek:

Thanks

Permabanned
One solution would be to turn on Track Changes on the offending document. It will give you the option of showing what changes were done by a particular author at least.

Associate
OP
M0KUJ1N said:
One solution would be to turn on Track Changes on the offending document. It will give you the option of showing what changes were done by a particular author at least.

Where do I do that?

whitecrook said:
document properties

Whereabouts in properties? I right click it and I can only see when it was created and last modified, which is about 5 days, and I know for a fact it hasn't open for 5 days non stop! ;)

Cheers though.

Soldato
File -> properties -> Statistics

gives Total Editing time and number of times edited (revisions).

Is he the kind of person who would deny what you're claiming so you need some evidence before speaking to him about it? If it were me I'd just say something as he might do it as a background task while he's on MSN and forums and things so his editing time might be quite high anyway.

Associate
OP
Rebelius said:
File -> properties -> Statistics

Thats the one, thanks. He obviously hasn't done much editing since it says the total editing time is 105 minutes, mine is over 1200 minutes. Spends most of his time in the union playing pool. :mad: And I can tell the wording isnt his style, waay to many big words that I bet he doesn't know what they mean if I ask him away from google.

Back
Top Bottom