My Pentium cant run AquaMark 3 properly?

Soldato
This is an annoying one for me that I am struggling to cure.

My P4
3.6 Prescott 660
Asus PIGD1 or is it a P1GDI?
Erm, 4x512MB Samsung PC3200
Saphire x800GTO2 PCI-E
O/B Audio

Will run AM3, however, when it should go and display the results, I am left with a blank screen.
When I click the mouse, an error comes up... EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

It only does this with the P4

I have tried different RAM, I have tried the RAM from all my other AMD PCs and they are using various flavours of OCZ, GEIL and Corsair, assuming that the RAM was the culprit, but no, the very same error comes up every time.

I have tried it with an X700LE Graphics and it does the same, although that sort of defeats the idea of me wanting test the GTO

I have tried XP Pro, Home, MCE, and XP64 as well as 2KPro, but the error always comes up, and I have also tried various flavours of drivers too for each and every part of the PC that I can change the drivers for, but the error comes up 100% every time.

I am thinking that perhaps the Graphics card simply cannot do it, but then on both the x700 and the x800?

I have enabled and disabled HT but again, no help there, I am simply at a loss... Its it possible that AM3 simply wont run right on this PC?

Soldato
OP
This is one I found.

I am trying AM3 out right now

http://www3.telus.net/~3wiebes/Aqua3 dll Fix.zip

Anyway, I have now also tried 3DMark 03 and that wont run at all? The Startup image comes up and then it quits with yet another error?

I have used the very same files on my network to install it to all my other PCs and its only the P4 that has this problem?

Any link now?

I am sick of this bloody intel junk, its slow, and very unreliable no matter what I do to it... Its the only PC I have with a PCIE slot unfortunately, so thats why I am tryign to get it done before I get shot of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Oh, thats great... AquaMark 3 has just finished its run...

And its worked.

Cool, so thats a patch. Brilliant. Thanks mate.

Ok, now to find out why it hates me in other areas... I will patch up 3DM03 and see where I go on that oen then... Many many thanks dude.

Didnt think it could be a patch for the X Cards, but there you go eh?

Associate
No probs mate, glad you got AM fixed, remember it's been out a while so the x800 etc came out after it was written.

Have to say its still one of my fav benchie progs, it doesn't take anywhere near as long to run so when your tweaking you ge to see the results sooner :D

Sorry can't help on 3d03 :(

Soldato
OP
Right, dont I feel a tool now.

Updated 3DM03 to Patch 06 and its now running.

Ah well, my first PCIE Card, my First Intel for a long time, the AMDs run it just fine with all my AGP Cards ( nVIDIA FX7900 & 6600GT & 6800GT & the ATIs 9800Pro x3 and an 9800SE and even the 9550 is fine ) but then this one having to have patched really bugged me.

I wil have to look now why all the other stuff that crashes ... Er... Crashes... Maybe thats all patches too?? - if so, then I wont be keeping this junk card if everythign I have needs patches, and I will go back to nVIDIA, but if its something silly, then I will just be kicking myself around a bit.

Many thanks again mate.

Bloody patches?

Soldato
OP
Only just rear your last post... Sorry, I didnt update the page till now.

No, 3DM03 is sorted now.
Agreed on AM3 being good... I think its a lot more reliable as a 3D Benchmark that 3DMark, because the results are a lot more reliable for each GFX card and the CPU does not play such a large part in its figures than 3DM does.

I mean, the Rad9800Pro gets 50k in Aquamark whether its on an OK Socket A or a good Socket 939, yet with 3DM, the numbers can vary wildly, in fact, run 3DM twice in a row on the same box, and the results can be hundreds if not thousands off sometimes.

Ok, later dude, the missus is calling to watch TV before she goes to bed.

Soldato
OP
Well, AM3 runs just fine on my X2 4400 ( 6800GT ), and thats true DC and the P4 is well, a liar at being DC with this severely overhyped junk called HyperThreading, but the patch worked for the P4, so I would say that the patch I used was more likely tobe the GFX than the CPU.

Like I said, AM3 runs just fine but when it comes to the end, instead of displaying the results, it hangs with a black screen... Well, it DID, its ok now.

I also failed to run 3DM03 but after patching to 06, its fine. I only got the Demo of 3DM03, not the full version.

Scores are ok I think? 69K in AM3 sound good? its at stock, and its an x800 gto2 so 4 more pipes to come once I give it a shot, btu the card is brand new at this time, I need to be sure its not going to fail on me just yet like all ther naff ATI cards seem to be doing recently. ( Says the owner of 5 dead ATI cards that are still less than a year old )

Back
Top Bottom