HDD Cloning/copying Software Advice Sought

Associate
Please can any one recommend some software that will look at every 0 and 1 on one drive, and write that to anouther? A perfect mirror, copy.

My goal is to be able to install winxp to a raptor hdd, update it, put the DX 9.0c on it, install some basic useful apps like winzip, firefox, msn, acrobat reader; and then make a perfect mirror backup of this onto anouther partition on anouther hdd. Basically so that when I go through my quarterly refresh cycle, I can start installing my main games and applications on to a fresh base operating system with only the basic apps I need.

I dont expect to get such functionality from free software (although that would be a huge bonus!). Budget really is up to £30. Dont "lol" at me if thats unrealistic; I really havent a clue about these things. :)

PS. I dont want software that runs an agent in the background ala Norton Ghost (unless versions more recent than 2003 dont do this). Be it running straight from a bootable cd or initiated by a windows installed application, it must not require any nonsense installed. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Ghost can be run from a single DOS .exe file, no need for agents or Windows at all.

Install all your stuff, update it e.t.c. Then run Ghost from a floppy or whatever. It can be used to write to your HDD or CD using compression.

Last edited:
Permabanned
ns400r said:
Ghost can be run from a single DOS .exe file, no need for agents or Windows at all.

Install all your stuff, update it e.t.c. Then run Ghost from a floppy or whatever. It can be used to wite to your HDD or CD using compression.

Ghost Corp. 9 ;)

Soldato
Think this gets posted each week here ;)

Acronis is the one, used norton ghost for years and half the time it works and sometimes doesnt.... Acronis never fails though.

Back
Top Bottom