Am an idiot

Associate
OP
Raikiri said:
Automatic movements wouldnt work so you had to do it manually, surely not standard practice?
Handling was off ;) just asking because i dont work for AMD i am the equipment manufacture engineer onsite. as i say i would but carnt blame anybody else because the buck stop with me. anyway am over it am not the first person to break a wafer and i won't be the last.
if anybody interested i work for www.amat.com check out the ion implanter it even shows you how to make a transister.
Am off to open the chamber and give it a clean

Permabanned
Ciao bella said:
Handling was off ;) just asking because i dont work for AMD i am the equipment manufacture engineer onsite. as i say i would but carnt blame anybody else because the buck stop with me. anyway am over it am not the first person to break a wafer and i won't be the last.
if anybody interested i work for www.amat.com check out the ion implanter it even shows you how to make a transister.
Am off to open the chamber and give it a clean

Its nearly 1am and your still at AMD, When do you rest..?:D

Anyways, Give it a good clean:)

Soldato
Ciao bella said:
I work at Amd as a Implant Equipment engineer and i have just broken a 300mm wafer with >100 A64 chips on it. Whos going to get his bum kicked when the fab managers get in:(. god i need to go home.

Yeah right. Dont suppose you could send me a few FX-60s. Probably cheaper than you breaking >100 AMD chips

Im sure i smell something

Associate
OP
Good news it was only a test wafer not a prod wafer so cost is only a few hundred euros.
by the way we have 24 hr support with 12 hr shifts and am on the night shift yuh.
all cleaned and chamber pumping down.
for the people wanting chips sorry we only make the wafers here in dresden they are sent to singapore for cutting and packaging(plastic body and legs).

Associate
So when they stamp them made in malaysia or singapore in this case, really all the main work was done somewhere like Dresden?

I wouldnt worry too much, if you smash the final product then its big money but sounds like you only broke it half way. It starts off as sand after all right

Back
Top Bottom