• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Automated clock configuration utility

Soldato
Help is needed guys, I've been having problem running this built-in tool with my X1900XT-X, it crashes the drivers then goes to blank screen then reboots the PC. I've raised the issue with ATI in a ticket and mentioned that I'm not alone in this, I had a reply to a brief query in forum I made that someone else had a issue but can't remember where I posted that. ATI have come back at me asking what forum that was in.
Soooo, I'm asking all of you that have a ATI card, and a similar system to mine, for help in posting up your results in running this tool and whether, or whether not, you have experienced any problems.
Please post here so I can direct ATI to this forum.
I'll owe you all one, ok...
ChrisC

PS Sorry if this breaks any rules then delete this post

Associate
Hi Chris

I've used the automated clock configuration tool with both CCC 6.3 and 6.4. I know it's probably not what you need to hear, but it's worked fine for me under both versions. As expected, it clocked further after I exchanged the stock cooling for water. On air with CCC 6.3 it found the limits to be 689 for gpu and 761 for memory. With water on CCC 6.4 it maxed out on both tests and then set the clocks to 689 gpu/797 memory.

I can't really think of anything else that may be relevant, other than it only lists the HIS crossfire card and not the Sapphire XT-X. Oh, and I'm running Win XP Pro. If there's anything else you need to know, just ask.

Soldato
I have had success with the auto clock feature in 6.3 and I will be trying 6.4 when i get home later.

I have to say the auto clock hardly pushed my memory clocks up at all, but the gpu lept about 75mhz

will take more careful notes when i do it later and report back for you.

(dont know about everyone else but in the 6.4's My XT is listed as XT-X , maybe i am one of the lucky few with 1.1ns ram???)

Soldato
OP
Thx guys, I've tried it with two motherboards, two sets of memory, different bios versions and settings. Also have tried it with 6.3 & 6.4's, nothing seems to get it to work and now I think that ATI will reject my ticket as just being down to my PC....
ChrisC

Associate
That's pretty strange. Grasping at straws here, but have you tried unplugging something from the power supply and running the cpu, ram and motherboard at normal clocks when using the utility to rule out the possibility of it being a psu issue?

Also, have you used driver cleaner pro when updating the CCC to rule out it being caused by any errant registry settings left over from previous installations?

Associate
hey m8, i have a problem something like yours but not sure if its what your looking for.. ccc will choose oc settings for me but soon as i load a game the game will crash and the pc will reboot.

i used ati tool and got my clocks much higher and 10 times more stable.. my hunch is that is somethin to do with voltage/power because when ocing with ati tool you can set voltages.

one thing i noticed in ati tool is that my card draws 35amps when oc'd! seems a little high to me so dunno if its psu related.. tough one to diagnose :rolleyes:

Soldato
Hi Chris,

I have had trouble in the past with the CCC automated clock configuration tool. It would clock the core fine then crash as it got to the end of the memory overclock! It would not crash out more the screen would freeze and i'd have to hard restart it to get it up and running again. Think that was build 6.3... as soon as i moved on to 6.4 i had no problems whatsoever! :cool:

My system is as follows:

A64 3700 @ 2.42ghz
Sapphire Pure Advantage Crossfire mobo
4gb Corsair ram
2x 120gb seagate barracuda's in Raid 0
Connect 3D X850XT @ 621/590
Tagan 2force 580watt psu
Windows x64

Apart from the update of CCC i changed nothing in my system so i assumed it was the older build that was at fault! It was an obvious fault as i tried it several times with different memory configurations and with my CPU running at stock too! :confused:

Hope that helps? :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
ok thx again, I can rule out the power supply as I am running the recommended by ATI Antec. I've tried running both the 6.3's and the 6.4 and, even though I seem to get a different thing happen, the tool still won't work correctly...
ChrisC

Associate
I'm having trouble with my connect 3d 1800xt 256mb. on both 6.3 and 6.4 CCC would freeze when it got to the end of the overclocking thing, ive tried loads of times and never got it to complete.

Also recently the card keeps crashing loads in windows. VPU recover works most of the time but sometimes it makes the PC restart and its really annoying me. I recently bought an OCZ 500w PSU to rule out that being at fault and its still the same.

Spec: (sorry lazy cut n paste)

£179.95 x 1 - Connect3D ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-044-CO)
£19.95 x 1 - Thermaltake Sonic Tower 4-in-1 Noiseless Heatpipe (Socket 939/754/775/478) CPU Cooler (CL-P0071) (HS-009-TT)
£119.95 x 1 - Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi X16 (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-118-AS)
£276.95 x 1 - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA4400CDBOX) (CP-127-AM)
£124.95 x 1 - OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series EL-DDR CAS2 (OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K) (MY-057-OC)
£69.95 x 1 - Thermaltake VA7000SWA Shark Aluminium Full Tower - Silver (CA-009-TT)
£52.95 x 1 - Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 250GB 6V250F0 SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD-088-MD)
£22.95 x 1 - LG GSA-4167BAL 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) - OEM (CD-033-LG) £2.50 x 1 - Akasa SATA-2 60cm Silver Data Cable (CB-054-GE)

Ohh and everything is running at stock

Dave

Soldato
OP
Hi, thx Mista Dave, at least I'm not alone but it sounds like your issues are greater than mine. I assume you've uninstalled and re-installed the drivers and you have have a PSU good enough to power your system. The upshoot of my card was that in the end ATI recommended rma'ing, however, as I pointed out to them, as it works ok under standard settings OcUK would not have refunded nor replaced under their terms...
ChrisC

Back
Top Bottom