Holiday in Europe...

Soldato
I want to go on holiday in Europe this summer....but would like your recommendations.

Eastern Europe was one place I had in mind and was thinking about maybe travelling through a number of countries....has anyone done this and what were your experiences?

Soldato
I'm about to go! I've got a flight booked to barcelona on the 29th to start me off there, going to get an interrail pass for one month of rail travel round europe. Im going down through spain and into morrocco, back up and round through southern france, into italy, up to vienna and prague, through germany and amsterdam and hopefully to stockholm. Im staying away from eastern europe as I'm pretty young even though I'd love to go.. I might make it to croatia but thats only boardering on eastern really. theres a lot to get done in a month. and on £1000 (excluding plane and interrail ticket) it should be pretty interesting. :D best advice i could give would probably buy some lonely planet books and learn it from there.

have your wits about you in europe.

Associate
As mentioned above, you could do a rail tour, as its a good way of getting about.
I did one with the Mrs when I was younger (1993/1994 ish) and enjoyed it greatly. We got a ferry to Ostend and a connecting train to Brussels, which is a bit of a rail hub for Northern Europe. From there, you easily get trains through to Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland etc and no doubt in these days of european integration you can go on through to Poland, Czech Republic etc.
I recommend going to Interlaken in Switzerland, its lovely. Also Munich and Salzburg are nice as well.
Just kit yourself out with the Thomas Cook European Railway Timetable (An immense tome of Tokein like proportions) and you are ready for a journey of discovery.

Soldato
brother went to praug and some other places like that, its quite nice, quiet if you go at the right times.
are you good with places that don't speak english well (or atall?)

Soldato
OP
VeNT said:
brother went to praug and some other places like that, its quite nice, quiet if you go at the right times.
are you good with places that don't speak english well (or atall?)

Well I can speak to my parents ;) - but on a serious note I should be OK on the language side of things..

Has anyone driven around Europe i.e. from country to country?

At the moment, my options are train or car. I've checked out a europass site and they do a ticket that allows you to travel to 18 countries for just over £200.

Back
Top Bottom