New PS3 Controller

Soldato
whatever it looks like, it can't be as bad as the "bananarang".

4.jpg

Soldato
I just cant see how they thought that design was good! They would be about 3-4 inches to long on either handle for a start unless you've got shovel hands :p

Cant remember what was the final outcome of that rumble lawsuit was apart from sony losing so did that mean Sony have got to stop using that type of rumble now so any PS3 pads gonna have a different mechanism? Or did they pay them off like M$ did?

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Psycho Ned said:
I just cant see how they thought that design was good! They would be about 3-4 inches to long on either handle for a start unless you've got shovel hands :p

Cant remember what was the final outcome of that rumble lawsuit was apart from sony losing so did that mean Sony have got to stop using that type of rumble now so any PS3 pads gonna have a different mechanism? Or did they pay them off like M$ did?

I think Sony are appealing the court ruling for like the 3rd time :rolleyes:

(tho dont quote me on that)

Soldato
there is also a rumour circulating about a possible change to the console design too, but nobody knows.
I dont think the last one looked that bad, and TBH the dual shock is probably my favoured controller if i had to pic of controllers for all the consoles.

although i think someone should experiment with putting both analogue sticks up and the buttons down tbh, not just one up one down (dont really like that config tbh) so u had one stick where the d pad is and one where the x o s t are, i think that would be cool

Permabanned
JUMPURS said:
there is also a rumour circulating about a possible change to the console design too, but nobody knows.
I dont think the last one looked that bad, and TBH the dual shock is probably my favoured controller if i had to pic of controllers for all the consoles.

although i think someone should experiment with putting both analogue sticks up and the buttons down tbh, not just one up one down (dont really like that config tbh) so u had one stick where the d pad is and one where the x o s t are, i think that would be cool

I think some rear triggers ala N64 would be good, for like strafing etc, make use of the two or so fingers that still do nothing :D analogue triggers are a must, its prolly the thing thats impressed me most on 360

Soldato
dirtydog said:
Hopefully they've swapped the position of the analogue stick/D-pad and it will have analogue triggers but there's not much chance :(
I think they should too. Since analogue sticks are used more these days, it makes sense to put them in a more natural position.

Soldato
The PS3 and controller design, I find, are horrid. Mind you, I've never like the looks of the PS2, or in fact the PS1 - the redesigned smaller versions are much nicer.

With regards to the pad, I've never got on with the Dual Shock either, so a move away from that would be god as far as I'm concerned. I can only echo sentiments about analogue triggers and such. I would also like to see the analogue stick take centre stage ahead of the d-pad too.

Soldato
Syph said:
The PS3 and controller design, I find, are horrid. Mind you, I've never like the looks of the PS2, or in fact the PS1 - the redesigned smaller versions are much nicer.

With regards to the pad, I've never got on with the Dual Shock either, so a move away from that would be god as far as I'm concerned. I can only echo sentiments about analogue triggers and such. I would also like to see the analogue stick take centre stage ahead of the d-pad too.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree... I think MS actually did a good thing with the 360 controller. Having said that, I am quite a fan of the PS2 controller :)

PS3 design is pretty hidious, I'm not a fan of having a big nasty silver thing sitting in the middle of my living room. PS2 was nicely modern and understated.

joke1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom