Husky Fridges?

Soldato
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has one of these fridges? I am thinking about getting one for my bedroom but one thing that concerns me is the noise level as some are rated at 40db and I do plan to sleep LOL

cheers

Mic

Mic

Soldato
9761 said:
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has one of these fridges? I am thinking about getting one for my bedroom but one thing that concerns me is the noise level as some are rated at 40db and I do plan to sleep LOL

cheers
The ones that can fit about 40 cans?
I worried about the same before i bought mine. And yes, they are noisy when they turn themselves on to cool down which is every 20-30 mins (i could be wrong about that time frame) and stays on for 5mins(ditto). Which is kinda loud but wouldnt wake you. Kinda sounds like Darth Vader breathing.
I have mine in a cabinet with some sound deadening( but it still has room to breath) and its not that bad.

Soldato
make sure about the room to breath thing, I'm sure you've done it right but you don't want to bugger up your new fridge!

Mic

Mic

Soldato
VeNT said:
make sure about the room to breath thing, I'm sure you've done it right but you don't want to bugger up your new fridge!
Meh, its pretty crap really. Its empty half the time.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
9761 said:
I might go for one of those smaller one, would they be more quieter?
Not likely. The husky has a thermostat which turns off the cooling when needs be. The smaller ones dont, thus they are loud all the time.

Permabanned
Just turn it on when you need it!! I have mine on a cheap electronic timer so that it's not wasting electricity or making any noise for the 7-8 hours I'm asleep.

Associate
ive got the big guiness one. theyre abit noisy when theyre doing the cooling thing but other than that theyre silent. they keep your beer nice and chilled too :)

one thing i noticed though, having it plugged into the same ring as a hifi isnt a wise choice, as when the cooling thing starts a loud pop came through my speakers which didnt sound too healthy

Mic

Mic

Soldato
id10T_error said:
Just turn it on when you need it!! I have mine on a cheap electronic timer so that it's not wasting electricity or making any noise for the 7-8 hours I'm asleep.
Thats an idea iv been looking at. The only problem is that it takes a couple hours to re-cool everything inside.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
kemistry said:
ive got the big guiness one. theyre abit noisy when theyre doing the cooling thing but other than that theyre silent. they keep your beer nice and chilled too :)

one thing i noticed though, having it plugged into the same ring as a hifi isnt a wise choice, as when the cooling thing starts a loud pop came through my speakers which didnt sound too healthy
Also pops the tv a bit

Associate
I have the Stella Husky fridge beside my bed.

Yes it does make a bit of noise but you soon get used to it. Its a a beast for the summer or for that matter, spring, autumn and winter too ;)

Soldato
I've got one similar to the husky ones, its a bit bigger though, I can fit a 24 pack and a couple of 2l bottles of coke in it, its great! Cost about £65 off eBay IIRC. It buzzes some of the time, but it doesn't really bother me at all.

Associate
Fridges cool themselves more often if they are half empty/empty - items in the fridge remain colder than air does, so if its full of air, it'll have to work harder to keep at the temperature that its set - same applies to freezers

/useless info

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Takhisis said:
Fridges cool themselves more often if they are half empty/empty - items in the fridge remain colder than air does, so if its full of air, it'll have to work harder to keep at the temperature that its set - same applies to freezers

/useless info
So if i actually have loads more stuff in it it wont come on as much? :eek:

I high five you good sir.

Back
Top Bottom