Motorsport from a month ago |56k:

Hello again, No flowers today! About a month ago I went to Oulton park and photographed the following. It was only my second trip back to Oulton Park since early last year shooting the BTTC. since then I have only been to the Formula 1 GP in July.

I was disapointed with the results from the previous time (BTTC) I was not sucessful in capturing the sense of speed (I was only starting out back then) I did post them here and I was told that they just looked like static objects (and you were right, they did)

So here are some ones taken recently with more thought (The weather was terrible so shooting conditions were not great and I was very tired but I was semi pleased with what I came back with)

A few that I have selected suffer from too much shallow depth of field ( I have included these for that purpose to show others.. To be honest I quite like the effect so I will not be discarding of those)

A few suffer from a slight miss focus or poor panning skills but they just about scrape the pass box for me.. Anyway, enough chit chat. Here are the products. Please enjoy.

Set 1 of 4

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

olv

olv

Soldato
really nice set of photos. i particularly enjoy 1, 11 and 17. i think you've captured the sense of speed really well in most of them

Associate
Considering you used very slow shutter speeds, I think you did well. I think you could have used a faster shutter (up to 1/250) and still got sense of speed, and sharper captures.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

An all round very good set of photos, definately captured the motion blur this time! Maybe some are a little to over-processed though...some of the reds look a bit to 'red' if that makes sense :confused:

Soldato
Samiad said:
Considering you used very slow shutter speeds, I think you did well. I think you could have used a faster shutter (up to 1/250) and still got sense of speed, and sharper captures.
I would agree with that. :)

Good work though.

Back
Top Bottom