Slack Noob wants an easy fix!

Associate
I want to overclock eventually by changing the BIOS, but untill im totally confident on what im doing i wanna use a windose GUI utility, just to push that little bit extra from my rig.

I know you guys will proabably say to just use the BIOS but i aint too worried about not getting the best results as i'll save that for when i do eventually learn to properly overclock, until then can you suggest a half decent util that will work with my asrock939 duall sata2 and my x2 3800?

On my old pentium4 3ghz, gigabyte board i used easytune4 and pushed it to 3.4, although probably could have gone higher, so i hope there is something similar for my new set-up as it improve my benchies no end.

Oh and is it just me, or all the overclocking noob guides still dam confusing :confused: lol. Its not that im not willing to learn, im just wanting something to play with before i do!

Associate
OP
Dreadi said:
windows clocking is a general no no

Yeah, i have heard that before, although why, im not entirely sure, but you guys know a lot more than i do. As long as it does not damage my system, is reversable and provides 'some' worthy overclocking though, i'll be happy :D (for now). Like i said i will properly overclock sooner rather than later, but i'd like to know all i can before doing that, if you are saying that a windows app could damage anything then i wont bother...

Last edited:
Associate
Yeh the OC guide isnt all that great these days as overclocking an AMD is a lot different, the basic principles the same but we have deviders, htt and ht ratio to consider now.

It really isnt that hard though, look for a review of your motherboard, theres usually an overclocking section of the review and that helped me understand it all.

Back
Top Bottom