RIP my girlfriend's grandma

Man of Honour
My girlfriend's grandma died earlier today. I only met her briefly but she was a good person with lots of caring family living close by, in a small village in between mountains, near Mexico City.

RIP :(

Soldato
Lithium said:
Hmmmm ... i was wondering that myself.

Now please dont take this the wrong way but i dont care about your girlfriends grandma ha! Lots of people die every day, if i cared for them all i'd probably be a depressed wreck :)

Im not an insensitive person but im sure you understand my point!
If you don't have anything nice to post, don't post it. To be honest, I don't care about yours, but i'll still post "Sorry to hear that" when she passes on.

Anyway, R.I.P girfriends grandma :(

Permabanned
Lithium said:
Hmmmm ... i was wondering that myself.

Now please dont take this the wrong way but i dont care about your girlfriends grandma ha! Lots of people die every day, if i cared for them all i'd probably be a depressed wreck :)

Im not an insensitive person but im sure you understand my point!

Its not about caring for them, its about showing sympathy and support to someone we know. I'm going to bite my tongue, as this thread is for kind wishes to Beansprout and his girlfriend.

Permabanned
Lithium said:
Im sure the loss means a lot but i just dont understand why it has to go on these forums.... this is the internet remember and its not always a nice place :(

You exactly the kind of person, who I dont want to see posting on these forums.
There is a time and a place, time and a place.

Sorry to hear of your girlfriends loss Beansprout. Ignore this pilock.

Permabanned
This is an online community, a lot of us know Beansprout and I think its nice for him to recieve good wishes for him and his partner from the people he knows online.

This thread is obviously a place to express our sympathy, and if you don't want to do that. Fine, but don't start posting insensitive things, this isn't the time.

Man of Honour
Oblivious said:
You exactly the kind of person, who I dont want to see posting on these forums.
There is a time and a place, time and a place.

Sorry to hear of your girlfriends loss Beansprout. Ignore this pilock.

Indeed, the OcUK forums have a community where people do care, Lithium's comments just seems to undermine all of that.

RIP

Burnsy

Permabanned
Lithium said:
Sorry but i cant see how posting RIP conveys ANY meaning. It doesnt, lets face it most of you wont give it a second thought. None of you actually really care about the fact someon on the internets girlfriends grandma died.

Time and a place, if you want to debate this feel free to open another thread, or email me using the email in my trust.

Behind every computer, there is a real person. With feelings.

Permabanned
Lithium said:
Sorry but i cant see how posting RIP conveys ANY meaning. It doesnt, lets face it most of you wont give it a second thought. None of you actually really care about the fact someon on the internets girlfriends grandma died.

You have no idea how this community works, so stop speaking for the rest of us. It means something to me, and I'm genuinely sorry to hear of his girlfriends loss. Now seriously, if you're just going to pick at this - please stop posting.

Man of Honour
OP
Paramount said:
Is this a joke?
No, it's not. Trust me, if I was with my girlfriend and she was with her family I probably wouldn't post on here but - when I'm alone in this house, she's alone, and her grandma is far away, even the cold emotionless person that is me can feel a little sad and need to let it out to a community I like and support, and spend a lot of time with (duh, see my user title.)

So, while I appreciate that you might think it slightly odd, and indeed it may be, I don't really care and would ask that you have a little more faith in humanity and a little less cynicism :)

Lithium - feel free to debate it if it's really "just the internet" to you but to me it's a collection of human beings and if anything the one thing everyone has in common is mortality. You may think you're a cold fish but really, deep down, you know you can't help but feel a little bit sad when someone you don't know dies, even if your expression is indifferent. That's just like me.

I could also bet you that a lot of people do care. If not, why do we hear so many stories on the news which concern deaths?

Anyway, thanks for all the posts from everyone else. Spoke to my girlfriend earlier and they're doing alright, it wasn't too unexpected.

Lots of virtual hugs given :D

Soldato
RIP

Glad your girlfriend seems to be doing not too bad with the news, give her lots of support and be there for her dude - although I'm sure you don't need telling this.

Back
Top Bottom