Top 50 Man Utd Goals

Soldato
Just finished on Sky One and oh my god how mint are united?

Seeing some of the goals again just reminded me how much I love them, day to day they drive me crazy but some of the goals they have scored and in the situations as well is just amazing.

Once again I feel proud to stand up and say,

UNITED TIL I DIE

enough of that, just thought that people might want to discuss the order of the goals, I thought there would be a lot more Cantona goals than there was, I thought at least the one in the blue and white kit when he lobbed the keeper would be on, cant remember who it was against, other than that the selection was perfect.

I wont say who was number 1 unless asked so as not to spoil it for people watching it another time.

Soldato
Has been repeated that. Giggsy got it, what an unbelievable goal, people still talk about it... and the hair ;) :p RvN's goal was special.

Caporegime
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=751320796326081743&q=Giggs+goal+vs+Arsenal

You have to take into consideration it was:
a) Very late on in the game (Extra time possibly?)
b) Arsenal had the best defence in Europe that season.
c) It resulted in us getting the FA cup in the treble winning season (I know it was only the Semi-Final).
d) He ran from his own half - late on - against the best defence in Europe and resulted in us getting the treble.

Soldato
Vandle said:
I thought cantona against Sunderland was a better goal than Giggs's.

Interesting, both got their plus points, think Giggs' just shades it though. Cantona's was a better finish, and beat off some real challenges, but Giggs' was in an important game against a better team.

How recent is this program? Was Rooney v Newcastle in there?

Associate
NokkonWud said:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=751320796326081743&q=Giggs+goal+vs+Arsenal

c) It resulted in us getting the FA cup in the treble winning season (I know it was only the Semi-Final).
d) He ran from his own half - late on - against the best defence in Europe and resulted in us getting the treble.
e) Utd were down to 10 men (I believe?)

Soldato
Hlebio said:
I prefer the 50 best goals AGAINST Man United.

"Thierry Henry............ WHAT A GOAL!"

:D:D:D

You know, wonder boy has scored ONE goal at old trafford .
And that was in the game we destroyed Arsenal 6-1.

He has scored 6 against us at Highbury, although we have still beaten Arsenal more times in the Prem at Highbury than they have us.

Soldato
Watching that clip again proves that Giggs is the hairiest player at Old Trafford since Georgie Best. :)

My top goal for Man Utd would have been Keane's goal against Juventus in the CL 1999 Semi Final at [font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Stadio delle Alpi. We went 2-0 down (3-1 on aggregate) within 11 minutes, and it looked like we had no chance of a comeback. Giggs wasn't in the team due to injury only a week or so after his wonder goal against Arsenal in the F.A Cup semi final. Keane's header kickstarted our comeback. And as Captain he led us to the final despite being booked and knowing he would miss the final. That goal means more to me than any other goal (well maybe except Solsjkaer's ;))

My favourite finishing would be Cantona's against Sunderland as Vandle mentioned above. :)
[/size][/font]

Associate
That one Vanistelroy got from the penalty spot, oh and the other time when he scored from the spot, oh yeh musn't forget to mention the time after that when he score from the spot.
L.F.C Till I die.

Soldato
SoSolid said:
That one Vanistelroy got from the penalty spot, oh and the other time when he scored from the spot, oh yeh musn't forget to mention the time after that when he score from the spot.
L.F.C Till I die.

Who is this Vanistelroy you speak of?

fuz

fuz

Associate
NokkonWud said:

d) is a combination of the first three xD

It was a fantastic goal though

Back
Top Bottom