i want a 20" wide screen but don't know which

Associate
Hi,

I am currently using a iiyama Prolite E431S which I have been more than happy with but I now feel its time to go to wide screen so I would like some suggestions please.

I don’t want to go to big, 20” would be about right, I would like the same sort of picture quality that I have now but just in wide screen, I mainly use it for the web and some photo editing but not much and I don’t play that many games as I use the xbox 360 for that on my 32” Tv.

So far I have looked at the Viewsonic VX2025 but I have read that the build quality is not to good and I have also looked at the Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW 20” my budget is about £300 - £400

Tony

Associate
Bought an NEC2170nx myself , 0 dead pixels, cracking image. great for gameing. all in all a good investment even though it cost £550.

Well pleased here ;)

Man of Honour
If you're worried about the build quality of the VX2025WM, i would be more worried personally about the build quality on the 2005FPW. That model has been plagued by very bad backlight bleeding issues since it's release pretty much, and is very problematic even to this day. The VX2025WM i think would be a pretty good choice for you. It doesn't break the bank too much. Colour accuracy is very good and is a more modern panel certainly than that used in the 2005FPW. It's a good all round screen, offering some decent responsiveness for gaming if you ever need it, good black depth, pretty good movie playback, and good static image qualities too.

There are a lot of new 20"WS models emerging at the moment, with models like the Philips 200W6CS, NEC LCD20WGX2 and Belinea 1020335W also being popular. The Philips might be a good choice as well, worth a look. Have a read of this article which should help you decide and understand the differences between models around at the moment :)

Associate
OP
Baddass said:
If you're worried about the build quality of the VX2025WM, i would be more worried personally about the build quality on the 2005FPW. That model has been plagued by very bad backlight bleeding issues since it's release pretty much, and is very problematic even to this day. The VX2025WM i think would be a pretty good choice for you. It doesn't break the bank too much. Colour accuracy is very good and is a more modern panel certainly than that used in the 2005FPW. It's a good all round screen, offering some decent responsiveness for gaming if you ever need it, good black depth, pretty good movie playback, and good static image qualities too.

There are a lot of new 20"WS models emerging at the moment, with models like the Philips 200W6CS, NEC LCD20WGX2 and Belinea 1020335W also being popular. The Philips might be a good choice as well, worth a look. Have a read of this article which should help you decide and understand the differences between models around at the moment :)

Thanks for that, i must admit that i do like the look of the viewsonic vx2025 so i think thats what i will be going for.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom