Random Freezes

Soldato
Ok, im having weird random freeze's every now and then, my pc is running fine all temp's are acceptable and everything is at stock now regardless of what my sig says it has been running all at stock for a couple of weeks now, i keep getting very weird freezes where my pc will just lock up totally, i cant move my mouse use the keyboard or anything just a total lock up. It has just happened while playing oblivion, but has happened before when just on the desktop etc. i am using the catalyst 6.3 beta chuckie patch as some of you will know it as but i cant see this being the problem, although i did buy a 2gb geil kit from the bgrade section. like i said these freezes are quite rare. i cant put my finger on it can anyone else shed some light on it :(

Associate
Hi, i had the same problem with mine not so long ago with a fx60 2x x1900xtx and so on and it turned out to be the PSU, have you got a spear PSU to try?

Or can you try the CARD in your friends pc?

Associate
Tom|Nbk said:
i am using the catalyst 6.3 beta chuckie patch as some of you will know it as but i cant see this being the problem

Try rolling back to a more recent driver, preferably one that is WHQL-certified, check your temps on CPU and GPU core to rule out overheating. Run a defrag on your hard drives if they seem to be badly fragmented, and run a couple of passes of your hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility, which you should be able to download from their website.

Hope this helps.

Soldato
OP
Sultan of Ping said:
Try rolling back to a more recent driver, preferably one that is WHQL-certified, check your temps on CPU and GPU core to rule out overheating. Run a defrag on your hard drives if they seem to be badly fragmented, and run a couple of passes of your hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility, which you should be able to download from their website.

Hope this helps.

thanks ill try that, although it has done it outside of 3d app's aswell so its baffling me the os has only been installed for a week so the drive should be ok

Associate
Memory can be a pain in the derriere. I had 512Mb and decided I needed another 512. Got more ram and put it in the next slot. The comp ran fine until one day, for some reason, it started playing silly beggars. Took the new ram out and all was fine. I swapped the ram sticks and the comp was fine, so 512 was ok with either stick.
Took the ram back to the shop and they tested it and said it was ok. I took it home again but the comp still played up.
I took it back again and a different person tested it and said that it was tested ok but swapped it over. I took the new stick home and put it in but the pc wouldn't even boot.
I then purchased a single stick of 1Gb and put that in. Everything was hunky dorey.
I tried the 1 gig with a 512 meg and the machine wouldn't boot.
I finally tried putting all the sticks in together and hey presto, runs on 2 gig of ram with no issues at all.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom