Best Unmetered 1-2mb Service?

Soldato
Currently on freedom2surf, but seems they have become a victim of their own popularity and the buyout by pipex hasnt helped, too many dropped connections and outtages.

So, looking for an unmetered adsl service, preferably 2mb, but 1mb would do, what do you guys recommend?

Soldato
Energize said:
On their chart it says they are.

Usage restrictions?
None - unlimited downloads

From their front page when selecting a package

"* Subject to survey, location and availability. BT line required. Terms and Conditions apply. Fair Usage policy applies. Connection Fee applies. "

TBH its pretty much AOL thesedays that let you do as you like. Im with ZEN and still on the old 2MB unlimited but you cannot buy that now, only the Dsl Max product that comes with usage caps. This is after ZEN saying for years that they had no intention of ever setting up useage caps :rolleyes:

I think the trend is moving slowly but surely away from the bandwidth and towards your actual data throughput. Pretty soon i fear that unlimited will be a thing of the past and you WILL pay for each and every MB you download. With the advent of sky and BBC services over broadband this is going to be the only way for ISP's to make any profit at all since if they left everyone on unlimited their data costs would skyrocket.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi

Cant say if decent or not as i have an open thread asking about them with no reliable feedback yet but Ace Internet advertise no strings unmetered with all 2m/b users getting free upgrades to Max and no bad posts about them @ ADSLGuide that i could find ... im migrating to them this coming week so might be able to say good or bad by next weekend the only drawback is 3 month contract so stuck with em for 2 months at least if it goes pear-shaped.

Guess only time will tell so wish me luck :eek:

Coz

Soldato
Burned_Alive said:
Currently on freedom2surf, but seems they have become a victim of their own popularity and the buyout by pipex hasnt helped, too many dropped connections and outtages.

So, looking for an unmetered adsl service, preferably 2mb, but 1mb would do, what do you guys recommend?

they have been brought by pipex communications which owns pipex internet however freedom2surf still operate as a seperate company.

hyper_piper45 said:
I used to be with www2.fast24.net

There 2mbit is £37.50 a month, but there seems to be no usage restrictions and i always had good service with them.

im with them as well, a damn fine service.

Back
Top Bottom