freeview / high def / divx / hdd - does this exist?

Soldato
i would absolutely love a unit that does:

• DivX output (preferably in High Def)
• HDD (>160GB)
• Freeview Support

does something that can manage all this exist? if not what is the best thing nearest to what i want?

i saw that a new version of my pioneer 530H is out (or is soon to come out) but the user-friendlyness of mine is pretty poor as i'm used to panasonic and sony stuff so maybe the 540 wouldn't be for me (but thats not high def anyway)...

recommend peeps :)

Man of Honour
QuiKsiLVeR said:
i saw that a new version of my pioneer 530H is out (or is soon to come out) but the user-friendlyness of mine is pretty poor

You're joking.
I install loads of DVD recorders for people and the Pioneers are easily the easiest to use and edit with. In fact they're a dream machine to use.
I bought two 530's and I will be buying the 540 later.

Anything in particular you're having problems with?

Soldato
OP
a few things matey... sometimes the wrong channel gets recorded (it will be called what its supposed to be but will contain a different program)

sometimes what i record is overlayed with a big bloody red screen telling me summat about bbc three

few things like that...

it aint too bad i guess, so do you think a 540 would be the thing to go with?

Man of Honour
QuiKsiLVeR said:
a few things matey... sometimes the wrong channel gets recorded (it will be called what its supposed to be but will contain a different program)

sometimes what i record is overlayed with a big bloody red screen telling me summat about bbc three

it aint too bad i guess, so do you think a 540 would be the thing to go with?

1 - I presume this is with the Guideplus? Have you definitely setup the right receiver with it? If you're on about the normal analogue signals then its never happened to me.

2 - If theres a big red screen about BBC 3 then its coming from your original source. All DVD recorders will record what you put into it. The Pioneer won't put its own screens up over the signal.

3 - I can't wait to get my hands on a 540.

Soldato
OP
hmm... well both of those issues will be resolved by a 540 since i wont be using an external freeview reciever...

sounds good to me so it does :D

is that THE unit to get or are there comparable models from panny etc?

Back
Top Bottom