Feedback for others?

Permabanned
Decisions?

I bought an LCD monitor from an auction site, paid through Paypal, on the spot, as I always do.

Sent, instant friendly notification, to say I'd paid, and asked a couple of questions .... nothing.

7 days later, nothing.

Sent a probing email, asking when monitor would be sent, 2 days later, got a short reply saying it will be sent today, my Brother had a car crash, I've been busy. ETC

Yesterday, monitor arrives, the postie was half holding it in the poorly packaging was spewing shredded paper like a wedding!

Surprisingly, the Monitor, wrapped in a plastic shopping bag and full of thumb prints on the screen, and the stand for it were still in the well worn cardboard box. No VGA or power cable though :(

In Fairness, the LCD monitor does work, no dead pixels that I can see so far.

Looking at this guys history now, he's usually posting late and often dishonest. But does have a rating of %95 or so.

He's held my instant payment to ransom, no feedback from him, for me in near 2 weeks, but I bet if I leave even a neutral feedback for him, I'll get similar, despite my *instant* payment and so far 100% rating?

This guy is a danger zone for buying, he should at least get a neutral feed back on this one, trouble is, with me paying on the second, I'll likely have a less than positive feedback from him too, oither wise, why wouldent he have given me instant feedback, for instant payment, 2 weeks ago?

Soldato
Well thats what sucks about ebay, if you give negative for a genuine mess up they did (even though you paid) you risk the feedback too. Its been and done, just leave feedback and ask for some too, might as well get +1

Soldato
the general is a neg left is a neg recieved and thats why i hate the feedback system, its should be made to be left for the buyer before it is for the seller

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Mr Bulbous said:
why wouldent he have given me instant feedback, for instant payment, 2 weeks ago?
because in general its accepted buyer should leave feedback first?

if you're not happy with your item then do something about it

Associate
A2Z said:

But why should it. If I buy something and I pay instantly, thats my part of the deal over, therefore seller should leave me positive feedback. Then when I get the item I will leave him feedback. They should leave feedback based on their end of the deal only.

Permabanned
GlasgowTitan said:
But why should it. If I buy something and I pay instantly, thats my part of the deal over, therefore seller should leave me positive feedback. Then when I get the item I will leave him feedback. They should leave feedback based on their end of the deal only.

because if buyer pays instantly and then seller gives positive feedback but then the buyer starts to mess the seller about saying they havent received it etc or some other bull story the seller cannot have any come back through feedback as they have already left it.

Soldato
Lashout_UK said:
Leave feedback on the 90th day. After that, they can't leave any.

(well, a few minutes before the end of, you get the jist) :)

I think it's 90th, anyway.
That sounds like a good idea :D, I'll have to keep it in mind should I have any problems.

Edit. I don't bother leaving feedback, as a buyer, unless it's been left for me.

Last edited:
Permabanned
yes but feedback is more important on ebay, ive got 18 trust feedback but should have nearly 25 probably but it doesnt make as much difference.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
It's not more important to me as i gave up using Flea bay ages ago.
Feedback was superb till some ********* spoiled it. I spat my dummy out now and **** them off any chance i get as any good KBW would. :D

On here i feel your reputation is at stake. I feel much more secure shopping on here. :cool:

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I think eBay are trialing a new system (there was a survey about it) where neither the seller or the buyer can see the feedback they have received until they have both left feedback. So, you could neg them and they wouldn't know until they left you feedback.

Soldato
A2Z said:

Never ever heard of that, it should be the seller leaving feedback first as their part of the deal will be completed first i.e. the buyer paying.

Permabanned
Mr Bulbous said:
Decisions?

I bought an LCD monitor from an auction site, paid through Paypal, on the spot, as I always do.

Sent, instant friendly notification, to say I'd paid, and asked a couple of questions .... nothing.

7 days later, nothing.

Sent a probing email, asking when monitor would be sent, 2 days later, got a short reply saying it will be sent today, my Brother had a car crash, I've been busy. ETC

Yesterday, monitor arrives, the postie was half holding it in the poorly packaging was spewing shredded paper like a wedding!

Surprisingly, the Monitor, wrapped in a plastic shopping bag and full of thumb prints on the screen, and the stand for it were still in the well worn cardboard box. No VGA or power cable though :(

In Fairness, the LCD monitor does work, no dead pixels that I can see so far.

Looking at this guys history now, he's usually posting late and often dishonest. But does have a rating of %95 or so.

He's held my instant payment to ransom, no feedback from him, for me in near 2 weeks, but I bet if I leave even a neutral feedback for him, I'll get similar, despite my *instant* payment and so far 100% rating?

This guy is a danger zone for buying, he should at least get a neutral feed back on this one, trouble is, with me paying on the second, I'll likely have a less than positive feedback from him too, oither wise, why wouldent he have given me instant feedback, for instant payment, 2 weeks ago?

You bought something, and got what you paid for.

Whats the problem?

Associate
Pho said:
I think eBay are trialing a new system (there was a survey about it) where neither the seller or the buyer can see the feedback they have received until they have both left feedback. So, you could neg them and they wouldn't know until they left you feedback.

VERY good idea.

Back
Top Bottom