ASUS A8N-VM-CSM Digital Out?

Suspended
Anyone know if the digital out supports Dolby Digital and DTS streams? The sound chip is a Soundmax ADI AD1986A. I don't want to buy the bracket only to find it only outputs PCM. It also has to support 44.1khz for CD's PCM and not upsample (ASIO?)

cheers

Associate
Output via the SPDIF bracket will output whatever the source material is. If the source material is Dolby then outputs Dolby. If PCM then outputs PCM.

Suspended
OP
Not always. You can't generalize like that, I've had several components with digital out and they don't output DTS and/or Dolby Digital.

I'm probably going to buy M-Audio Revo 5.1 anyway as the headers will work out £15 + P&P, I need a new case so might as well get a soundcard at the same time.

Associate
to get dolby digital and dts you need an external amp
i got the HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 in my asus csm board it has optical out and coaxial out, both carry same signals going into a 5.1 external amp

the asus bracket will not be as good as a addin sound card (never)
as its still coming from the onboard Soundmax and mdjmcnally is right SPDIF bracket will output whatever the source material is it all depending if you have an extenral box to do the rest upmix downmix etc change mp3 to 5.1

Back
Top Bottom