• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is your VF900 noisey at full speed?

Soldato
I was just playing with overclocking my X1900 XTX my vf900 was set to a pretty low fan speed and my temps hit 91C whilst OCing so i screwed the fan up to max 83C now :eek: It seems a lot noisier than my VF700 ever did is this normal?
thanks
Scott

Associate
It's supposed to be quieter than the vf700, but i've never heard the two side by side. I find it quiet enough on max settings, though I can hear it over and above anything else in my case (unless i've got my vcool on max too).

Soldato
i bought a vf900, and im not impressed at all, ive been told the artcic cooling x2 thing, is better but as i watercool now, there is no need for it.

also your temps are mad, you must have forgotten paste or something, my stock cooler didnt go that high with the fan at 15%

Soldato
OP
lay-z-boy said:
i bought a vf900, and im not impressed at all, ive been told the artcic cooling x2 thing, is better but as i watercool now, there is no need for it.

also your temps are mad, you must have forgotten paste or something, my stock cooler didnt go that high with the fan at 15%

Didnt forget paste my card was hotter on the stock cooler

Edit: Idles at 42C

Soldato
sgoaty said:
Didnt forget paste my card was hotter on the stock cooler

Edit: Idles at 42C

ah fair enough, try a remount and use a rice sized blob in the center and see if its still the same.

unfortunatly, my vf900 got seriously hot on my xtx even at full speed (which was LOUD) so your not the only one with the problem :(

Soldato
My VF900 is virtually silent, even when running at full speed, seems about the same noise level as my old VF700... Keeps my card around 45C idle and up to 65C under load.

Soldato
My VF900 is a brilliant cooler on my 7900Gt, but it by no means quiet at full fan speed. I have the fan at its lowest speed and load temps dont go above 48 degrees :D idles at 34 ish

Soldato
OP
cimg01552pq.jpg

Looks fine to me but im glad I checked as my cpu waterblock was weeping on to the back of the gfx card. There was a green splodge that could have caused major problems if not cleaned. Im back on air till midweek though as my system is an arse to bleed an I have a new res coming. Maybe i should just get a block for the X1900.

Soldato
I cant hear my VF900 at all, and thats at full speed. Also, the temps are great... obviously the X800 might run cooler than an X1900.. but those temps do look a bit high :confused:

Soldato
OP
benjo said:
I cant hear my VF900 at all, and thats at full speed. Also, the temps are great... obviously the X800 might run cooler than an X1900.. but those temps do look a bit high :confused:
Well from a quick google i can see there is nothing unusual about my temps at all. Also I got these temps whilst using ati CCC overclocking tool which im led to believe heats your card up more than anything else.

kbc

kbc

Associate
benjo said:

I'm probably more sensitive, but the tower does sit a few inches away from me. And the vf900 is pretty audible at full speed. I would have preferred to keep it at low speed, but I've volt modded my card... but it does it's job in the performance area. :)

Soldato
The Vf900 is audiable, well in my system anyway (on max), my 6800GT idles at 50c, and load is about 70c. (with the fan on half speed)

Full speed it does cool around the ramsink area, but i prefer 50:50, as i want it to be both quiet and good at cooling. I am impressed with it but im not over impressed as some reviews say its "inaudible at full speed" which i find not right at all. Overall pretty good though.

G

Associate
I've lobbed one on my x1900xt. Not sure how accurate the temp readings are through CCC but as I type this it's 43c. Need to stick one of my temp probes in there to get a better reading.

The noise is barely audible to me at full whack, to be honest I don't mind it as it's simply a low hum, whereas the stock cooler made and terrible noise on start up and when it going I didn't like the whine kinda noise it made, it was the same on my X1800xt (same cooler so no surprises there I guess). I'm pleased with it to be honest

Back
Top Bottom